Queensryche & Geoff Tate

This weekend Tate is doing a new streamed concert, featuring a full electric set of "Empire".

He better sing the low stuff well this time around and not off key like he did in Gothenburg in January... Easier to get away with flat higher notes than off pitch lows anyway. The Empire material is delicate, you can't lazy-wail through it and get away with it.

Last edited:
This weekend Tate is doing a new streamed concert, featuring a full electric set of "Empire".

He better sing the low stuff well this time around and not off key like he did in Gothenburg in January... Easier to get away with flat higher notes than off pitch lows anyway. The Empire material is delicate, you can't lazy-wail through it and get away with it.
Where can I watch?

will be interesting to compare his performance on "Della Brown" to his performance on Queensryche MTV Unplugged

Also - why in the name of all that is holy and true have QR's management not released the MTV Unplugged set as an official release?

Also - why in the name of all that is holy and true have QR's management not released the MTV Unplugged set as an official release?
That´s indeed a shame. Some of the songs are featured as bonustrack on the remastered albums but it would've been great if they released a full album. The MTV Unplugged gig was my first introduction to this band.

Here. Tickets are like 15 bucks or so. Was three or so cameras used during the acoustic stream, so would expect the same. Stream was available for view 48 hours after start (meaning you could watch it during a window of 48 hours). I really hope this paid concert stream thing is here to stay, as a complement to in person gig attendance.

Last edited:
The show was good. Geoff sang fairly well, although his timbre is nasal these days. 1300 stream tickets sold, so they made a sizable chunk, especially with the tip jar added to that. What bugs me though, is how Kieran quietly asked Geoff "so do we do three more...?" and Geoff replied "we do one more".

Come on. 10 more minutes wouldn't have hurt. It's not like you're out on tour, exhausted after playing night after night - and we've paid good money. Granted, the performance was good, and the quality of the sound etc was adequate. But it bugs me when they obviously could (and some wanted) have played more songs.

Todd has a solo album coming out in February. He's rocking the Rob Halford type vocals in the new song!
Yeah, I almost posted this yesterday, but I really didn’t like the song at all and couldn’t find the motivation.

Back