Queensryche & Geoff Tate

Great news indeed. That Sweet Oblivion album was the best album with Tate on vocals since Queensryche´s Promised Land. :cool:

According to Wikipedia, The Warning was originally supposed to have a different track listing.

NM 156
En Force
No Sanctuary
Deliverance
Take Hold of the Flame
Before the Storm
Child of Fire
Warning
Roads to Madness

Just like with Sad Wings of Destiny, this 'alternate track list' actually flows better than the official one! NM 156, with its fade-in scream and robotic effects, is a tense, cinematic opener. No Sanctuary continues on from the soft ending of En Force, and Deliverance has a little more impact when it finally kicks in. Oh, and Warning being second-last helps it keep the pace of the album.

@MindRuler, next time you want to listen to The Warning, you should definitely try this!

Placing Warning as the second-last song was probably a form of damage control. Its opening jars you out of the Before the Storm/Child of Fire part, and it just... charismatically stomps along. I don't know exactly what the best place for it would be, but it is definitely not a good opener (and even if it is, NM 156 is a much better opener).

This is amazing. Amazing.

The song in the video though, is pretty cool. Grain of Faith from his first solo album.

The new SO song is great! And so is Todd's solo album! He displays quite a few different vocal styles that he can't with Queensryche because it doesn't fit their sound.

:eek::oops:o_O

Last edited:
It's cool that Todd kan do vastly different things with his voice. The growling isn't for me though.

He growls here?!

uu9pmDP.gif

Gonna listen to the whole album now.

Vest.jpg

Listened to it. Cool and catchy album. Well produced, great vocals, way more modern than I expected it to be as it's coming from someone who plays in a 40 year old band. Growls are only on that one song though, major bummer. Otherwise apart from some background shouts, they are non existent :(

Back