Queensryche & Geoff Tate

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretentious.

Edit: Halfway through the video.

I do love QR though. Operation Mindcrime is probably my favorite album ever, trumping both Maiden and Priest, my two favorite bands.

I paused it at 2:20, not for any reason I just did. Then I saw the frame it had paused at and just went o_O The eyes!!!

The little "watch this" jump at 2:38 ... wtf?

From QR's Facebook:
"This Friday night at 12:30AM EST, Scott rockenfield will be calling in to talk to Eddie Trunk live on Q104.3 in NY. They will be discussing all things Queensryche and Scott will play a snippet of a new song from the upcoming Queensryche album! Check your local listings and tune in!"

Here is the station's website with a link for live streaming: http://www.q1043.com/main.html

I can't wait to hear some new stuff! I'll have my audio recorder ready for sure!

I thought seriously the video was a joke, even after I posted my comment on how much of a douche I thought he was my mind was still going "But it was probabaly just a joke from some fans to make him look bad" I can't fathom it is real :p

That smiley!! :bigsmile:
I thought he'd lost the case for the rights of Queensrÿche name already.. This band looks ridiculous, so does Geoff, which strengthens the impression that I Love My Job video was not a joke.

Brad Gillis? Paul Bostaph? Simon Wright? K.K. Downing?!
In advance, I don't find this sounding bad at all. Queensrÿche or not Queensrÿche, it's the music in the end. Let's see when I hear it.

edit:
Just as with Iced Earth's current singer, I feel that the singer of the other Queensrÿche sounds like a clone. Imitating someone on purpose doesn't sound very convincing to me. A "meh" from me after hearing that clip. Still curious about hearing more, complete stuff. Perhaps the music can compensate.

Anymore thoughts on the new 90 second sample?

And Foro, QR NEEDED to get rid of Tate. He was taking that band on a horrible downward spiral. They really needed to get their real metal sound back. I'm glad they got a singer that sounds a bit like Tate. They sound like the REAL QR again to me. I bet tatertot's fakeryche album that they're currently working on will suck as bad as Dedicated To Chaos and tatertot's Kings and Thieves. Most QR fans don't want that bullshit. They want some good, metal QR that brings them back to EP-Promised Land and that's exactly what the new, real QR is doing! If you look at the comments at the link I posted as well as Blabbermouth( http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186625 ), you'll see that over 90% of their fans feel the same way.

Brad Gillis? Paul Bostaph? Simon Wright? K.K. Downing?!
This doesn't have to mean that the album will be good. I wouldn't be excited for this even if H, Dave and Janick guested on the album - what matters is the person who will write the songs, IMO. Tim Ripper Owens' solo album had an all-star lineup, but songs sucked hard.

I see what you mean. The songwriting is important. Owens and Tate are different persons though. And Owens is not known as a good songwriter. Funny thing is that Owens used Michael Wilton on a song. But they did use some of the same people indeed.

Still, I sure would be more excited (rather than annoyed) to see some of my favourite musicians giving input.

Well, Ripper was never known as a good songwriter, but both his Beyond Fear and solo albums are miles ahead of Dedicated To Chaos and similar albums that Geoff Tate (mostly) wrote :)

The Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has inked a deal with Century Media Records for the release of the band's new studio album. Due on June 11, the CD marks the debut release from the lineup comprised of La Torre (vocals; ex-CRIMSON GLORY), Michael Wilton (guitar), Parker Lundgren (guitar), Eddie Jackson (bass) and Scott Rockenfield (drums). The drums for the album were recorded at London Bridge Studios in Seattle, Washington with producer James "Jimbo" Barton — the man who engineered and mixed the band's classic 1988 LP, "Operation: Mindcrime", and its 1990 follow-up, "Empire", and co-produced 1994's "Promised Land". The rest of the music and vocals were laid down at several different facilities on the West Coast.

"QUEENSRŸCHE is excited to begin writing this next chapter of our career with Century Media. Their passion and love for music has been apparent since early discussions and we are pleased to call them partners on this journey," states Jackson. "We are also thankful for all of the fans who have supported us from day one and helped us get to where we are today. Todd, Scott, Parker, Michael and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for each and every one of you."

QUEENSRŸCHE frummer Scott Rockenfield tells Billboard.com: "Century Media has been extremely enthusiastic ever since they came into the equation with us, and for what it's worth it's hard to find enthusiasm like that. After 35 years I guess I'm gracious and honored that we have people that are that enthusiastic about the band, so we're really happy about moving forward with them."

Century Media president of North America Don Robertson wrote in an email to Billboard.com about the label's interest in the band: "Many of us at the label have been longtime fans of QUEENSRŸCHE as a band. When we heard they were recording a new record, we were all definitely interested."

QUEENSRŸCHE will head out on the "Return To History" world tour this March and April. The trek kicks off on March 5 in Dubuque, Iowa and makes stops in nine different countries, wrapping up on April 26 in the Netherlands. The band will also take to the high seas on this year's Monsters Of Rock cruise and Sweden Rock Cruise. The 23-date tour will make stops in New York, Tennessee and Florida as well as in Canada, United Kingdom and Germany, among others.

In a recent interview with Metal Assault, drummer Scott Rockenfield stated about QUEENSRŸCHE's renewed collaboration with Barton: "It's a great thing — we're really excited about it, he's really excited about it. We've wanted to work with him for a while, but for whatever reason, we just hadn't gone there yet. This is a great time for us to do that, though. We all discussed who we wanted to do the record with, and he was one of the first names that came up. It was easy for us to pick up the phone and call him. It was like our relationship picked up right where it left off, so it's gonna be a lot of fun. He's a very creative guy that did some great records with us in the past. I think that's one of the most important things when it comes to why we want to work with him."

Asked if fans will see a return to the progressive metal sound QUEENSRŸCHE had in the '80s, Scott said: "What we're trying to do, and what has been really interesting since Todd has jumped into the band, we're trying to revisit the old QUEENSRŸCHE catalog — stuff off of the EP and "The Warning". That's always been a part of what we are, so yeah, definitely! I think in my opinion, we're really revisiting that vibe of why that music was special back then for us. There will be a modern flair to it, though, just because we're in the modern age. The fun thing about Jimbo being a part of it is that he can help tie together the two sides. He does come from our past and some of the great records and some of the great sounds that we're known for, but he's also living in the modern age and doing some interesting things as well. I think it's going to be a really great QUEENSRŸCHE record. People are going to go, 'Wow, that's QUEENSRŸCHE! That sounds just like what we've known them to be, and what we would expect them to now be.' That's what I think peple will get out of it."

Back