Queensryche & Geoff Tate

Jer

The dotage of a dotard

Just a small taste, but it sounds good.

Somehow I missed the announcement last month that the new album Digital Noise Alliance is coming out October 7th. Looking forward to it.

Yax

Ancient Mariner
Promising indeed, although the three singles from the previous album were very good tracks too, but the rest of the album sadly didn't meet the standards they set. So following the near-perfect Condition Human, last album was a disappointment which I rarely revisit apart from the singles.

But man, Zeuss delivers top-notch production.

Jer

The dotage of a dotard
Promising indeed, although the three singles from the previous album were very good tracks too, but the rest of the album sadly didn't meet the standards they set. So following the near-perfect Condition Human, last album was a disappointment which I rarely revisit apart from the singles.
Interesting, I felt like it was The Verdict that finally stuck the landing after Condition Hüman showed real promise. I go back to The Verdict regularly, but not as often to its predecessor.

Reactions: Yax

MindRuler

Found in a lost world
What a great intro, killer chorus! I hear diversity, some classic ryche elements too. That ending!!!!:wub: LaTorre´s on fire!Love it!
Really looking forward to the album.

MindRuler

Found in a lost world
Todd doesn’t sound like Geoff at all in this song which is great. Reminded me more of a 90´s grunge ballad than a Queensryche one.

Reactions: Jer

Black Bart

Ancient Mariner
Todd doesn’t sound like Geoff at all in this song which is great. Reminded me more of a 90´s grunge ballad than a Queensryche one.
It sounds like a mix between Empire and Promised Land, with a smidge of Tribe. It also sounds like DeGarmo's and Rockenfield's absence. For one, I consider the song to sound like a QR song because the period 1994-2002 is also part of the QR sound. ;)
I can hear some reminiscence of "Out of Mind", "Silent Lucidity" and "Rhythm of Hope" for example.

Last edited:

Jer

The dotage of a dotard
Looks like Tate’s doing Promised Land in its entirety now:

Sounds pretty good, though the band’s backup vocals are a bit out of tune…LOL.