Progressive rock / metal

As the resident Tool expert, I'll say that it wasn't bad. The vocals were kind of a turn off for me. I didn't mind the heavier vocals, it was the clean stuff. Kind of reminds me of Persefone but not as good. I'll probably check out some more though. But I personally think that Maynard is a great vocalist and perfect for Tool.

Pink Floyd, Rush, Queensryche, Dream Theater. Pfff... I want to post a new thread, but after 12 replies I still have "insufficient privileges" ...

This is a Serbian musician. I think the album from which this song comes from is probably the best rock/metal album to come from Serbia. It's more rock than metal, but it does have some metallish songs. However, most of the album is laid back proggy stuff like this one. This one reminds me a lot of Opeth's Damnation material, just a bit less technical. Curious if anyone would like this despite the lyrics in Serbian.

This is a Serbian musician. I think the album from which this song comes from is probably the best rock/metal album to come from Serbia. It's more rock than metal, but it does have some metallish songs. However, most of the album is laid back proggy stuff like this one. This one reminds me a lot of Opeth's Damnation material, just a bit less technical. Curious if anyone would like this despite the lyrics in Serbian.
Oh shit! I'm neither from Balkan, nor I even like Opeth. But this track, I enjoyed immensely

Van der Graaf Generator have announced their first UK tour in 7 years. Fantastic band that I really got into thanks to Bruce's recommendation of H to He Who Am The Only One and Pawn Hearts in response to an e-mail I sent him when he was doing his BBC 6 Music radio shows.

London Palladium here I come!

5d8a047ddf2a3.jpg

So the VdGG tour gets postponed again, this time to February/March 2022.

London Palladium, here I come with my 2020 ticket for the 2022 date!

Good stuff. Doesn't it remind you of EKV tho?
Just listening to the soundscape, and the voice itself, reeks of old ex-Yu art rock.
I actually never listened to EKV. Well, I know a few songs here and there that I heard on the radio, but never actually seeked out their songs. But yeah, EKV is apparently a big inspiration for him.

Who cares man! This is great stuff. Will dig more of his stuff. :ok:
Some heavier stuff:

And some mellow stuff:

I actually never listened to EKV. Well, I know a few songs here and there that I heard on the radio, but never actually seeked out their songs. But yeah, EKV is apparently a big inspiration for him.

Some heavier stuff:

And some mellow stuff:
WOW! The first one is super! Instead of spending your time putting angry emojis on my posts couldn't you show us this before you rascal? :p

I only (really) got into this artist like two months ago, when the live album started coming out (he was releasing songs one by one on YouTube).

Gotta post this TV performance from the weekend... Masterful stuff. Near the end the 4 guitars are all playing different parts, amazing arrangement.

I discovered this French band called 'Martine'. They have recorded a self title album the last year. Its progressive rock music. It's very cool with latin, and jazz fusion elements.

The Ocean are performing their last album in full on Roadburn Redux tonight, in about 2h 40min.

Can't fucking wait.

They played Phanerozoic I in full few weeks ago and that was the first time I paid for a live stream. This one is free, but I would've paid for it too.

Back