Powerslave

How good is Powerslave on a scale of 1-10?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Powerslave

Everything has been said: Great riff, vocals, lyrics, and one of the best instrumental sections ever. This song kills and destroys. Patron to what may be the most over-the-top eighties visual theme ever, but so what. 10/10, easily.

If it's not Maiden's best song ever, it's in the top three.

Eleventy twelve/10.

Interesting that nobody has gone below 9 yet. Even Hallowed had an entrant at 8.

For reference, the reason I always onced-over Rime was because "it was that long track that followed Powerslave".

LooseCannon said:
Interesting that nobody has gone below 9 yet. Even Hallowed had an entrant at 8.

For reference, the reason I always onced-over Rime was because "it was that long track that followed Powerslave".
Hallowed doesn't. It has 28 "10's" and 2 "9's".

10. Fantastic riff and lyrics, and the chorus is probably the best on the album.  The instrumental section has already been mentioned, and it is truly amazing.  Far and away best off the album.

LooseCannon said:

Spoke too soon. Who on earth gave it a 2?!?!?!??! :wtf:

I noticed they don't have the balls to post in the thread ;) Actually, because they didn't post a review of the song, can we get rid of the 2?  :innocent:

LooseCannon said:
Nope. Haters gotta hate.

Hey, you're the one who said that only those votes commented on will be counted.  -_-
Unknown One said:
Spoke too soon. Who on earth gave it a 2?!?!?!??! :wtf:

I noticed they don't have the balls to post in the thread ;) Actually, because they didn't post a review of the song, can we get rid of the 2?  :innocent:
And I suspect the 2 rating was only so that other noteable songs (e.g. Hallowed) get a higher rating.

LooseCannon said:
Towards a contest!

Loosey - does that mean a rating of 2 without any explanation to support it will still count?

Gengis, everytime I see your picture out of the corner of my eye it reminds me of a jumping crocodile.

Yes. I don't have the time or effort to go through all the posts. Most posts are proper and such.

When I start finalizing, I will go ahead and make it so the polls are editable. At that point, perhaps this person chooses to change their vote.

Maybe they honestly hate the song, and would like to explain why. I don't care. Statistics are statistics. The only way to rule out the haters is to get everyone to vote on all the songs.

Thanks for your clarification, mate.  I don't envy your task of running the poll Loosey, so agree the honour system must apply and you would expect 99.9% of maidenfan members to adhere to the decorum of the poll.

10. Open the gates of my hell - I will strike from the grave. That basically sums up what this song is all about. All hell breaks loose, but that instrumental part is one divination in musical form. Immortal classic! If you're a Headbanger and don't like it, go knitting like an old woman and fuck off, too!!! :edmetal:

The knitting grandma kicked me, again. It's weird to think that a guy can't stop thinking about me.

Back