Possible live release at the end of March

For those that don't want to click that link:

Some retailers here in the UK are listing a new Iron Maiden live album and DVD for release at the end of March.

"Expected to feature live performances from Santiago and Argentina during The Final Frontier World Tour."

Hope it's true. Wish it was posted on another section though. (Misinformation and Propaganda??? :p )

If I remember rightly several sources in lots of different countries (including Amazon I think) have reported that the DVD will be coming out in March, I really hope so because I can't wait to hear the live versions of the new songs!

Wow, it might just be the first Maiden release in a long time which I won't be buying.

So....is the live DVD from the AMOLAD tour never coming out? Seems weird that this would come out first, when the other one has been in the making for a while. Unless they are both on the same release?

The DVD from 2007 was meant to be the Donnington Park set, but there were too many flags obscuring some of the camera shots. The entire set is on Youtube though.

I don't remember reading anything from Maiden about it being officially cancelled. I just read on another forum about the flags being the reason for the cancellation and it seems logical enough.

Yeah that would have been nice, but it would have probably caused a shitstorm from people getting angry at the DVD not being released. There are some audio problems from the performance as well, with Bruce being cut out during 'Different World', so I don't know how much they'd be able to do about that.

The most disappointing thing about the Donnington show not being released on DVD is that Bruce fell over during Wrathchild - that would have been worth the £15 alone! I was actually there but I was too far back at the time and I'm too short to have seen that in the flesh.

I don't remember reading anything from Maiden about it being officially cancelled. I just read on another forum about the flags being the reason for the cancellation and it seems logical enough.

I just checked... yeah, the amount of flags up front is ridiculous. You basically don't have a single shot of the stage that isn't from the barrier that doesn't have a flag waving in it. It's not a great loss though, there was a live stream back then, and you will find a bootleg of that without much effort.

I was never happy with the idea of a release from that leg of the tour anyway. If anything, they should have released something from the first leg, when they played the album in its entirety. As a matter of fact... I'm getting tired of all these live releases in general. Sure it's nice to have a souvenir from the tours, but that's what bootlegs and live b-sides used to be for. If you dish out a live album every other year, it's going to lose its magic. Live shows used to be something special because they were a unique experience that you just couldn't re-live. The best you could get was one or two photos or maybe a music video shot on the tour stage, and that was it. The chance that you saw a show on a tour where a live show was recorded was slim, so you could just re-experience some of that magic with the handful of songs you witnessed at the tour that were also on some live album. Nowadays, you'll find videos and set lists of your show on the internet within minutes, and there really isn't anything special about having an official recording of a show you went to at home... I have several of various bands, and know there are more. Not to mention you'll find picture galleries of 200+ photos all taken on the same show with Bruce in a slightly different pose on each. What's the point? Take one or two photos for yourself by all means, but don't stand there during the entire show holding up your cellphone and distracting those around you or shoving them away just to take 50 pictures a minute that are all nearly identical. I never understood that.

Back