Please post reviews and thoughts on Senjutsu here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thus the Question was: A place where Maiden enjoyed chart success with Senjutsu?
The Answer to that Question was: Yeah

See?

I personally think this album sounds better than TBOS.
In regards to the audio quality itself, I have the CD but didn't even pop it in once: I downloaded a FLAC version and listened to the track on youtube and spotify. I don't hear a difference between the versions, and I have studio monitors as my PC speakers.
Miles better than TBOS.

The only polite thing I can say about TBOS' sound is this: it is as pre-modern in technology terms as the Mayans.

Sometimes, it feels like I'm stepping into another world with TBOS, and not in a good way.

Senjutsu is such an improvement, it sounds clear and vibrant. Best reunion-era production since BNW and DOD, for me.

Yeah, but promotion was almost at zero. Now the hype for an album just fade away - a month after the release. Good job Mr Smallwood...
So what would you have done, since you know so much more than Maiden do (clearly)? What would your detailed strategy have been to really make Senjutsu skyrocket?

So what would you have done, since you know so much more than Maiden do (clearly)? What would your detailed strategy have been to really make Senjutsu skyrocket?
I don't know I'm not the manager just an observer. What to do?! Just look at "Black Album" remastered edition promotional strategy - a way bigger than IM brand new album released after six long years. Probably all rock magazines around the world hyped it with cover stories or so. Just re-edition thing. No comment.

Completely not. Only some magazines here and there and so often not the biggest ones. Nothing in US, Canada and many other countries. And now a month after release the hype around the album is down... The worst situation I remember. You may defend IM and their management but the facts are like we all see.

Nothing in US, Canada and many other countries. And now a month after release the hype around the album is down... The worst situation I remember. You may defend IM and their management but the facts are like we all see.
The facts like their highest chart placement in the US ever, despite your insistence they did no advertising there?

The doom and gloom is getting tiring.

I was just trying to paraphrase some things that people are claiming and seem to be a bit contradicting..

I adore the album, have 0 issues with the sound and listen mostly on EdPhones.
I do not assert anything at all. I'm just trying to find the answer to the 1000000 € question that is why some people say that this album sounds bad, whereas some others say that the production is OK (for me the sound is nice, better than on 'The Book Of Souls')... Maybe some "haters" have bad ears or are too much accustomed to more powerful and clinical productions like those made by Andy Sneap, Jens Bogren or Fredrik Nordström and that could explain why they hate so much Kevin Shirley's work on 'Senjutsu'. Since 'Brave New World', I love Kevin's sound. It's not Martin Birch's sound, of course, but Kevin put some modernity to Maiden's sound and that's great. It gave the band a new breath after the 90's which were a very shitty decade for heavy metal, especially the traditional metal bands...

Only some magazines here and there and so often not the biggest ones

These are just from the top of my head the biggest relevant magazines in some of the biggest markets in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Netherlands). I know Kerrang! and Rock It! (Germany) had cover stories too but I can't find links for you. The only magazine I checked that didn't have a big Maiden cover story was German Rock Hard, and even here Senjutsu featured on the cover.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this, you're going to twist this your way again anyway, but it's really not funny anymore how you're determined to die on this hill despite being proven wrong.

These are just from the top of my head the biggest relevant magazines in some of the biggest markets in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Netherlands). I know Kerrang! and Rock It! (Germany) had cover stories too but I can't find links for you. The only magazine I checked that didn't have a big Maiden cover story was German Rock Hard, and even here Senjutsu featured on the cover.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this, you're going to twist this your way again anyway, but it's really not funny anymore how you're determined to die on this hill despite being proven wrong.
Not Rock It or Rocks. But what's about North American magazines and especially magazines for musicians as Guitar One, Drummer or so. Only ONE cover interview from Total Guitar UK reprinted under permission in some countries. In 2015 There're tons of stuff like that I recall.

Is Teraz Rock still the biggest rock magazine in Poland? I see Maiden on the cover of its latest issue. Would love to read it if it ever becomes available in English.
Yeah - Polish re-press of original article from MHUK - Bruced didn't make a special interview for Polish media, as Iron Maiden always have done so far, so same things did in all Eastern European Countries, just re-prints from UK's press.

Yeah - Polish re-press of original article from MHUK - Bruced didn't make a special interview for Polish media, as Iron Maiden always have done so far, so same things did in all Eastern European Countries, just re-prints from UK's press.
Okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back