Please post reviews and thoughts on Senjutsu here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very difficult thing Harris is co-producer since 1990 but maybre he's the hearing issues after all these years. But what's about the other members of the band? I bet they can hear some mixing and sound issues...

You are suggesting Harris giving the reigns to another guy. This is very interesting but quite risky as the band dynamics have been cemented after 40 years of Steve being on the helm.
So even if Steve wanted to experiment like that -big if- Rod wouldn’t let him do it. Probably Nicko would object too, as well as one of Bruce or Adrian -whoever of them two would be left behind.

;)

The evidences of production errors!
As usual Kevin Shirley is the man we can blame for any production errors.
As usual you don’t know what you’re talking about. Kevin is a great producer on his own, but he’s not doing things the way he would by himself because Steve is the one actual leading things. He has the sound that he wants to hear and Kevin helps get things to that state. To get a “great” production job on a Maiden album, you’re just going to have to get rid of Steve. And by get rid of, I mean there’s no hope in hell unless he fucking leaves the band. And that’s not going to happen. Ever.

As usual you don’t know what you’re talking about. Kevin is a great producer on his own, but he’s not doing things the way he would by himself because Steve is the one actual leading things. He has the sound that he wants to hear and Kevin helps get things to that state. To get a “great” production job on a Maiden album, you’re just going to have to get rid of Steve. And by get rid of, I mean there’s no hope in hell unless he fucking leaves the band. And that’s not going to happen. Ever.
Maybe, if so Harris may has some hearing issues I suspect.

I think it’s a mix of his hearing and an attempt to get a bridge between the Iron Maiden sound and the old prog rock albums he loves, while using modern equipment to do it.

It doesn't work so good. Metal music (generally) is something a way different from proggy style of '70s I recon. Steve should form some other music project to fulfill his progressive ambitions.

I like how the album sounds: organic and like a real band, unlike many of the heavily processed metal albums being currently released.

For those who don't like it, you are in Kevin's thoughts...

brucewriting-png.17360

I like how the album sounds: organic and like a real band, unlike many of the heavily processed metal albums being currently released.

For those who don't like it, you are in Kevin's thoughts...

I don’t like it particularly and I don’t hate it. I certainly love the live feel on it (feel is the right word for me, not sound) and anyway I love the album enough not to spoil my excitement with how it should or shouldn’t sound.
It is what it is, and this product has contributed to some breathtaking life experiences & memories to be remembered for years to come.

So thanks Kevin & thank you Maiden, is the only thing I should say.

;)

Oh I didn’t know ignore function had such consequences, I assumed the blocker wouldn’t be able to read the blocked’s posts or other’s posts he’s quoted and that’s it.

Oh I didn’t know ignore function had such consequences, I assumed the blocker wouldn’t be able to read the blocked’s posts or other’s posts he’s quoted and that’s it.

Anyhow the sound is not good and hasn't been for ages. Everyone can spot that in 3 secs but we are moaners when talking about it. Anyhow, it is what it is. I hope in the next album they do something about it but I really doubt it!!

If someone ignores you that does not affect your ability to see their posts or threads. If you’re having trouble with opening thread, check the help forum.

And Foro didn’t break any rules by ignoring you. If you have a problem with a particular member of the board, the ignore function is recommended.

If someone ignores you that does not affect your ability to see their posts or threads. If you’re having trouble with opening thread, check the help forum.

And Foro didn’t break any rules by ignoring you. If you have a problem with a particular member of the board, the ignore function is recommended.
yeah, I did not choose my words corre3ctly. I do not mind if someone blocks me. What pisses me off is when someone talks trash about me and this is what he did.

Anyhow the sound is not good and hasn't been for ages. Everyone can spot that in 3 secs but we are moaners when talking about it.
This just isn't true.

I've absolutely no clue what people are complaining about regarding the sound, and I have no complaints with it.

There's a lot of talk about hearing problems in this thread, but personally I think the actual hearing problem is the one where you can't just sit and listen to an album and instead nitpick the production.

This just isn't true.

I've absolutely no clue what people are complaining about regarding the sound, and I have no complaints with it.

There's a lot of talk about hearing problems in this thread, but personally I think the actual hearing problem is the one where you can't just sit and listen to an album and instead nitpick the production.
Trust me mate, I spend hours every day listening to music. It is true that all albums, even the wqell produced ones, lose some clarity on the streming platforms. If you try to correlate the sound of Senjutsu to e.g. KK's album the difference is huge, both on youtube and Spotify. If you just listen to the Maiden albums after 1992 it is not evident but comparing with other mainstream metal releases the sound is worlds apart.

Thought you’d get that distortion hate perhaps on a ultraconservative classical forum (Vienna Philharmonics forum or some shit), but no, Iron Maiden it is... :lol:

Trust me mate, I spend hours every day listening to music. It is true that all albums, even the wqell produced ones, lose some clarity on the streming platforms. If you try to correlate the sound of Senjutsu to e.g. KK's album the difference is huge, both on youtube and Spotify. If you just listen to the Maiden albums after 1992 it is not evident but comparing with other mainstream metal releases the sound is worlds apart.
Exactly and I don't know what could happen to make some difference... Maybe the resurrection of Martin Birch ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back