Play Alexander the Great Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have loved to see 'Alexander the Great' of course, and 'Infinite Dreams' too although I'm not a huge fan of that song, but it would have been cool of them to play it purely for the novelty. I was happy to see 'Afraid to Shoot Strangers' though, again for the novelty. Perhaps the Somewhere Back In Time tour would have been more appropriate for 'Alexander the Great', but I missed that tour so it doesn't matter.

Yeah, it was great having it back. But it is better suited for a tour like the one for A Matter of Life and Death!

Because it's awesome.
It is! But my point was it didn't fit the concept. It worked better as part of the X Factour for example! If the criteria for playing a song was that it has to be 'awesome' they would have to play 150+ songs

Last edited:
Not that many. They certainly wouldn't play 'The Assassin' and 'The Apparition' anyway.
Depending how you define awesome, sure. I thought it was obvious that I was talking about Afraid to shoot Strangers not being a good choice for the Maiden England setlist, but I can stray on this topic abit!

I think all Maiden songs are awesome, in different ways ;) Well you say that, but then again you have artists that switch setlist every single show. The reason they dont play it is because Maiden choose to play the same setlist every night, which limits them in terms of playing deep cuts.

It fit the concept of giving Bruce's voice a bit of a break before he had to sing Seventh Son.
Mate you lost me when you went on to discuss another concept:D

Very cool to hear it with the 3 guitar lineup though! Listen to the keyboards, so high in the mix!
img_2224-jpg.6114

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 77
My girlfriend is Swedish, I fly to Sweden frequently.

Amazing! I'm sure you have seen some shows here to. Maiden have placed some fantastic venues here. The Maiden England tour saw them playing the then newly build Friends Arena in Solna, just outside Stockholm. I distinctly remember overhearing some people talking about their disappointment over not having Alexander The Great in the set...

1. Moonchild
  2. Can I Play with Madness
  3. The Prisoner
  4. 2 Minutes to Midnight
  5. Alexander the Great
  6. The Trooper
  7. Infinite Dreams
  8. Killers
  9. Run to the Hills
  10. Still Life
  11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
  12. The Clairvoyant
  13. Fear of the Dark
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. Aces High
  16. Running Free
  17. Sanctuary
Like this!

Seventh Son was huuuuuge live. Maybe those wandering off were in a Maiden induced state of euphoria.

I'm sure you have seen some shows here to.
Sadly, no. Girlfriend's not much into metal. Or concerts. I'm currently trying to convince her to go to British Lion with me in Copenhagen. I have managed to her her to like Sabaton some... best I've done in Europe, so far, is London.

Sadly, no. Girlfriend's not much into metal. Or concerts. I'm currently trying to convince her to go to British Lion with me in Copenhagen. I have managed to her her to like Sabaton some... best I've done in Europe, so far, is London.

What about Gröna Lund in Stockholm? It's a beautiful theme park, so you could spend the day riding rides and trying to win teddy bears. And then some British Lion! Win win ;) I will attend it!

nojen_gronalund-4f843cf164c6e.jpg

Last edited:
Not featuring Alexander The Great and Infinite Dreams on the Maiden England tour was the biggest mistake of that tour. Why Afraid to Shoot Strangers? Makes no sense!

not sure why they chose that song but Rod Smallwood did say they rehearsed Infinite Dreams and decided to go with ATSS... :facepalm:

It's not a bad song but it didn't fit the set list AT ALL... If a "history tour" is considered one by playing just 2 songs (which was done on SBIT with just 2 SIT songs), the Maiden England was a FOTD history tour :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back