Play Alexander the Great Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Dave that couldn't remember the solo. But yeah Janick will just play anything in its place lol

No, I think it was Adrian. I read an interview (sorry, I cannot remember the source, but it was about a year ago and probably referenced on this forum). Apparently, Janick offered to learn the solo but this offer was then met by silence from the rest of the band. ;)

As close as it gets.
Clearly the band know there are fans out there who would love them to play ATG. So what's stopping them. What's the issue. Put internal squabbles to one side. Do it for the fans. Stop short changing fans with lazy set list fillers.

What's stopping them? They probably don't think it's a great song, or that it would work well live. They would rather do Rime or Seventh Son or some other epic.

They probably rehearsed it and found it too complicated to play live. It's easy to forget that the way they record songs, Maiden probably never played the entire song as a band.

What's stopping them? They probably don't think it's a great song, or that it would work well live. They would rather do Rime or Seventh Son or some other epic.
'Seventh Son' is so boring live. It was cool to see Maiden play it a couple of times but it's so slow and the instrumental section is just plain dull.

01-Ud7pchO-620x465.jpg

Hence people not at the back of the crowd wandering off during the instrumental part.

Not featuring Alexander The Great and Infinite Dreams on the Maiden England tour was the biggest mistake of that tour. Why Afraid to Shoot Strangers? Makes no sense!

I missed the Maiden England tour and the only vid I watched seemed a real poor, lifeless performance (Rock AM maybe) so admittedly, I cant judge. But, if you are talking about the song in general and not just ME performances then I stand by Father Jacks reaction.

Not featuring Alexander The Great and Infinite Dreams on the Maiden England tour was the biggest mistake of that tour. Why Afraid to Shoot Strangers? Makes no sense!
I'd have loved to see 'Alexander the Great' of course, and 'Infinite Dreams' too although I'm not a huge fan of that song, but it would have been cool of them to play it purely for the novelty. I was happy to see 'Afraid to Shoot Strangers' though, again for the novelty. Perhaps the Somewhere Back In Time tour would have been more appropriate for 'Alexander the Great', but I missed that tour so it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back