Paul Di'Anno

A guy I know who books the gigs at Bannermans, Edinburgh posted this. Looks like Paul might be playing a UK tour. Unlikely he'd just do a one-off gig, right?

View attachment 25549

I remember some comments about a Di’Anno November UK tour over at the official fan club forum. Perhaps @srfc or other esteemed Maidenfans colleagues who are still fan club members could check if that is still being discussed.

There's posters up for gigs in Blackpool and Bradford in November on the official forum, but nothing more of note posted.

I've seen Paul twice and would go again if he played here, but a word of warning to people he can be disintrested in the Maiden songs and sing them in a death metal style.

There's posters up for gigs in Blackpool and Bradford in November on the official forum, but nothing more of note posted.

I've seen Paul twice and would go again if he played here, but a word of warning to people he can be disintrested in the Maiden songs and sing them in a death metal style.

Thanks mate!

I will see Paul live if he comes to a local venue; here’s hoping the tour promoter made a note of my recommendation. :)

Extra night in Edinburgh added. I got myself a ticket. Tbf this is probably the last chance I'll ever have to be near the guy so I might as well. Even if watching a guy who can't sing or stand up anymore might be a sorry sight.

I really dont get why youde pay to see a guy who cant stand or sing anymore playing the same songs he's sang for 40 odd years now. Dunno all seems very sad and desperate for me.

I really dont get why youde pay to see a guy who cant stand or sing anymore playing the same songs he's sang for 40 odd years now. Dunno all seems very sad and desperate for me.

Although I agree with you, if Paul Di'Anno were to play a gig at a local venue in Guildford I would try and attend for two reasons:

1) An exercise in nostalgia
2) I have never seen him live

That being said, I would not travel further to see him for the reasons you have outlined.

It's also a relatively cheap night out in a small venue, better than getting fat on your couch

At least it's cheaper and closer to home than seeing Ozzy at Power Trip Festival!

Don't underestimate Ozzy. He has been recently photographed walking without a cane...

Ft7ZA0VWcAMg21T

It's Paul Di'Anno and it's a local gig, not expensive at all. I'll be nice and drunk enough to endure it if I have to but if I can get him to sign one of my albums it'll be worth it.

I certainly wish him the best and hope he has a successful tour. I doubt he will ever play in the U.S. (I've heard he's banned?) Regardless, I don't think I would go see him if I had the chance. I prefer to remember him the way he was back in the day.

Extra night in Edinburgh added. I got myself a ticket. Tbf this is probably the last chance I'll ever have to be near the guy so I might as well. Even if watching a guy who can't sing or stand up anymore might be a sorry sight.
Remember seing him in 2010. What a singer and a frontman. The club was packed, the band was great. Among my top 5 gigs ever.

Back