Paul Di'Anno

I'm seeing Paul tomorrow night. It should be... interesting.

The venue he's playing (where I've played several times) has no backstage as it's built in to an old tunnel under the city. This means that he's going to have to be carried onto the stage. Unless they've built a ramp.

Will let you all know what happens.

So, Paul came on stage an hour late. I watched him being lowered off his van and loudly berating his handlers.

The roadies made everyone aware that the path from the bar to the stage must be cleared to allow Paul's access to said stage. Everyone moved except a couple of drunks who nearly got into a fight with the venue staff.

Paul actually sounded not terrible. He couldn't hit those early notes but he could just about manage to hold a tune.

Sadly, due to how late he hit the stage, I had to leave to male my last connection home. But I did grab a few pics.

This shall provide the first part of my personal Maiden singer's trifectorate. Paul tonight, Bruce in May and Blaze in September. Hopefully, Bruce doesn't hit the stage an hour late.

20231122_220159.jpg20231122_220131.jpg

Last edited:
If Paul had any bit of self-respect he'd ask somebody else to step in (and maybe stop this.)
In current condition, there's no way he can pull 60+ dates in the next 4 months without this ending catastrophic.

I saw him open for KK in July. Snapped alot at his crew when they were supposedly slow to come out an d manouvre his wheelchair.

Still he was in decent voice. Glad I went to see him although I wouldn't bother again.

Back