Paul Di'Anno

Man that is very bad, even after surgery he will need a long rehab, and also another knee after that?

And he already is not walking for few years now, that rehab will be very hard mentally and pysically.

Apparently he needs money to have some progress with this. Do you know what the problem is, @GhostofCain ?

According to the people collecting the money, they want to go private. However, there are circumstances under which doctors can’t operate... To be honest, the knees seem to be the least of DiAnno's health problems.

If anyone is interested in donating some money to this cause, this link has been shared over at the official fan club forum:

So do I. I wouldn't be stunned if he had to be amputated. Diabetes is a terrible condition. It's really sad to see him like this.

Exactly. Type 2 diabetes out of control can be a very dangerous condition and amputation of limbs is quite frequently needed.

As already mentioned above, this is almost certainly advanced Type 2 diabetes. Amputation is a real possibility.
I have heard British healthcare can suck..
The NHS is world class. Paul's condition has nothing to do with the state of the healthcare system. It seems like he'd rather go private for his surgery but we don't know the full details so it wouldn't be proper to speculate.

And it says something that he's looking to raise £15000 when a similar procedure in America would cost triple that.

There's certainly a debate to be had as to why can't he afford this operation himself (doesn't he still get royalties?) or why Maiden themselves aren't helping to raise money as they did with Clive. I mean, Steve could pay for it with his pocket change.

Last edited:
Paul doesn't get royalties out of his work in Maiden anymore. He sold all his rights to Steve long ago. I assume he didn't use them for long term investments.

As already mentioned above, this is almost certainly advanced Type 2 diabetes. Amputation is a real possibility.

The NHS is world class. Paul's condition has nothing to do with the state of the healthcare system. It seems like he'd rather go private for his surgery but we don't know the full details so it wouldn't be proper to speculate.

And it says something that he's looking to raise £15000 when a similar procedure in America would cost triple that.

There's certainly a debate to be had as to why can't he afford this operation himself (doesn't he still get royalties?) or why Maiden themselves aren't helping to raise money as they did with Clive. I mean, Steve could pay for it with his pocket change.
I’m sure my former employeer forty years ago would not pay for my medical bills either. Maiden can pay the complete/partial of the expenses, but I understand if they are not doing it.

But I hope Paul will get the help he needs, it does not look good from the last photo.

Why would he do it private if that is more expensive AND if NHS is world class?

Without speculation, it does not rhyme with the "world class", sorry Sth2112.

Why would he do it private if that is more expensive AND if NHS is world class?

Without speculation, it does not rhyme with the "world class", sorry Sth2112.

Perhaps the NHS are not willing to operate him until he gets in a better shape whilst a private doctor would be less scrupulous? Perhaps he wants to jump the queue? Perhaps the NHS doctors are all Dickinson fans?

I should add that we are just speculating based on the (little) information available online. However, operations being postponed in public health services until the people who are supposed to go under the knife are in a shape that would not put them under serious risk of dying in the operating theatre, is not speculation at all.

I don't know the UK laws, but Paul is a convicted benefits cheat, maybe that might have some implications for him.

I don't think having been to jail for being a benefits' cheat makes you ineligible for NHS treatment...

Last edited:
However, operations being postponed in public health services until the people who are supposed to go under the knife are in a shape that would not put them under serious risk of dying in the operating theatre, is not speculation at all.

Operations being postponed in public health services until (or even when) the people who are supposed to go under the knife are in serious risk of dying, is not speculation at all either, apparently.

I was thinking more maybe other people would be seen first? Like I said, I don't know and it's just speculation.

Never heard that was the case (the tabloid mob claiming that They have more rights than us, you cannot call that just refers to prisoners’ rights too).

For anyone interested on the rules for waiting times in the NHS (we have a right for a maximum of 18 weeks), here’s a link with detailed information, including exceptions when this does not apply, such as when

delaying the start of your treatment is in your best clinical interests, for example, when stopping smoking or losing weight first is likely to improve the outcome of your treatment

Last edited:
Back