Other's Maiden Blasphemy?

Similar to Your Maiden Blasphemy, except for something someone else said (outside of the blasphemy thread).
For example, I heard one of my classmates call Maiden "sell-outs" after TFF came out. I agreed, because we all know Maiden went with extremely short songs directed at a pop audience this time around. Oh wait...

I'm sure I've posted about my maiden hating cousin before. I could post a lot but one thing is that he doesn't think they are metal, and considers Tom Morello to be the greatest guitar player of all time, and claims that he hates maiden too. I responded by telling him there is a scene in F666 that he really needs to see.

I have a friend who says "all Maiden songs sound the same". He is a classical music snob though, so I place very little importance on his opinions.

Robbiedbee said:
I have a friend who says "all Maiden songs sound the same". He is a classical music snob though, so I place very little importance on his opinions.
As much as I respect and listen to some classical, I will admit that a lot of it sounds similar to me. However, I really can't say the same about Maiden. Another blasphemy is that some people on MFU (I was bored) haven't even listened to The Final Frontier yet.

Revelations85 said:
As much as I respect and listen to some classical, I will admit that a lot of it sounds similar to me. However, I really can't say the same about Maiden. Another blasphemy is that some people on MFU (I was bored) haven't even listened to The Final Frontier yet.

The Minnesota Farmers Union hasn't heard TFF yet? Or is there another MFU I don't know about?

Probably the favorite I've heard was around the 80s, when Maiden was called just another hair metal band by people not in the know (i.e. most of the other people at my high school). They'd say things like, "oh, i don't like heavy metal... bands like Poison, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden... they're not my thing."

Yep, definitely a burn heretic burn moment!

Dityn DJ James said:
The Minnesota Farmers Union hasn't heard TFF yet? Or is there another MFU I don't know about?
Maiden Fans United. It's supposed to be a fan forum, but it seems many members just trash the reunion albums a lot.

Mosh said:
That must be where PC lives.
They have a thread called "Do you still listen to TFF?" and some are saying "of course not". I'm not saying that you have to like the reunion albums or you're not a fan, however it seems that many people seem to trash them just because they aren't from the 80's.

Revelations85 said:
They have a thread called "Do you still listen to TFF?" and some are saying "of course not". I'm not saying that you have to like the reunion albums or you're not a fan, however it seems that many people seem to trash them just because they aren't from the 80's.
Link me. I want to see if it's an alternate universe where people like me who like the reunion stuff are ban worthy trolls.
Nevermind I found it.
It was like taking a walk into hell. It must be where all the banned members from here go.

This was a reply to a post that said that Maiden might be doing a tour in 2014.

Sorry But Has Anyone Seen The Set List Need 2 Decide Weather 2 Go Or Not.
facepalm.gif

Someone stole SMX's avatar! http://z10.invisionfree.com/Maiden_fans ... owuser=285

Dityn DJ James said:
I need to sign into the site to see it, MFU doesn't seem like a place I'll sign up for.
It's not really something I'd rush to do. I don't like making generalizations about groups of people, but from what I've seen I wouldn't exactly enjoy myself over there.

There was a review for TFF I saw on Metacritic where one person said (not verbatim) "I'm one of those fans that considers TNOTB Maiden's creative peak".

This sounds like it was straight from PC's mouth:
Those bitches played the entire AMOLAD live but managed to forgot JBMG. There is no god.

Here is one about how unhappy Bruce is to be in Maiden
How about artistic integrity? You can't tell me Bruce is happy with singing those boring 10 minute songs Maiden produce nowadays (and with horrible Harris lyrics to boot).

That entire forum seems to be about hating Steve and all the Iron Maiden albums (Yes all of them) and wanting to see Bruce do another album with Adrian.

That's why I love this forum. A lot of people here are open minded, and atleast give albums/songs a chance before talking bad about them. People who don't like AMOLAD, for example, explain why, and don't just say "Because it sucks."
On an unrelated topic, Mosh, did you ever have a Bob Dylan avatar/picture?

Back