One of Bruce's rants has apparently stirred up a lot of hate (SPOILERS)

I disagree that Bruce was saying it in a jokey way, to me he sounded really quite pissed off.

But over the top? No, that bloke deserved to be picked out and insulted. I imagine if you're performing and someone appears to be disinterested in your work then you'd be quite insulted too.

So why doesn't he pile loads of abuse on all the people just standing filming the concert? That's worse, & is destroying the atmosphere at concerts. If Bruce, or anyone else, wants to rant --it should be at this, not one guy texting at one gig in the US. This is pretty irrelevant, in comparison.

Filming is not texting.

Probably Bruce doesn't like zombies on his concerts:
zombies-on-smartphones-536x447.jpeg

Fair enough. The guy could just have been pissing about with his phone inbetween filming various songs though (checking he'd recorded well) --& Brucie just guessed/said he was texting. But maybe not.

Either way, everyone filming is fucking annoying.

So why doesn't he pile loads of abuse on all the people just standing filming the concert? That's worse, & is destroying the atmosphere at concerts. If Bruce, or anyone else, wants to rant --it should be at this, not one guy texting at one gig in the US. This is pretty irrelevant, in comparison.

Well, I have no sympathy for the guy, and am fully on Bruce's side (unless the guy was texting because of a true emergency, which is highly unlikely if he'd been texting during other songs earlier in the concert.) I fully agree about the people filming the concert though on their phones. I started going to gigs a few years before the net truly took off, and before mobile phones were an accessory that the majority of people owned. And it is annoying, when I've attended gigs in recent years when a sea of people in the crowd are lifting their phones aloft constantly throughout the gig, sometimes obscuring your vision, making it hard to view the band. I'm quite short anyway, so when the people in front of me are lifting phones in the air, it just makes it even more difficult for me to see. I dunno why people pay to see a band, when all they do is hold up a phone for most or all of the gig. It definitely sucks a lot of the atmosphere out of gigs these days...

And yep, Bruce should be ranting at that, I know I would be if I were him.

Yeah, I'd be pissed too if I see someone in the crowd texting during the entirety of a show, especially when I have all this awesome gear and pyros and animatronics behind me that you came to watch in the first place. I probably wouldn't say it out loud, but then again I'm a rather introverted guy and the rant thing is pretty much part of Bruce's act anyway.

Back