OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Thanx Fonz, but that's the audio, only. The guy who taped it has some clips on youtube, but it has watermaks and CG's.

Oh, I should have viewed them then I would have see that it was audio. Also, the fact that every vid has the same preview pic should have given it away. Sorry about that.

Donner said:
It's a band with an acoustic guitar, xylophone and a sax doing Maiden songs (Wasted Years, Number of the Beast, Fear of the Dark, Run to the Hills).  Kinda cool actually. 

It sounded more like No Prayer for the Dying to me

Expect a full spoiler-tagged account of Sonisphere Stockholm within the next few days.

To the oldtimers, I apologize for my long absence. I have returned.

if they don't play transylvania someone on this earth will deserve an ass-kicking :innocent:

Something interesting from dimeadozen:

Wacken Open Air 2010 (August 5-7) selected shows will be made available for sale on USB-sticks after the performances took place; additionally downloads will be sold by Simfy Live
Does anyone know of that includes Maiden's performance?

I went to the show in San Bernardino. Great time in the pit! Probably my 6th Maiden show!
The set list was great in my opinion. Probably one of the best times I've seen them live!!
I like all of their newer material since the reunion though. Actually I might even like it better than the old classic stuff!
Can't wait for the new album and the next tour! Cheers!

lenny76 said:
Looks like flight 666 has been damaged by tornado in Finland:

(this is in norwegian)

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks ... 761557.ece

40 festivalgoers hurt, both engines on the plane damaged, band unhurt.

I don't think you can call it a tornado, but it was one hell of a storm, first rain and thunder, and then hail and insane winds.  Motley Crue had to cancel because of it, and Maiden started two hours late.  But it was one hell of a show, the wait just made the crowd even crazier and Bruce called it one of the most memorable shows he's ever done.  "The gods pissed on you, but you pissed at them right back!"

I was very happy to see so many new songs.  Highlights were These Colours Don't Run, Dance of Death, and Blood Brothers.  Oh, and I never thought that I'd say this, but Running Free too.
  It was great not knowing anything about the setlist, it was worth it being away from these forums for two months. 

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Something interesting from dimeadozen:
Does anyone know of that includes Maiden's performance?

Nope, it doesn't. They sold those sticks at the festival as well, and had a list of gigs they could sell. I remember Alice Cooper and Raven being among them, but there was definitely no Maiden.

One of the most poignant moments I have ever witnessed at a concert.

lenny76 said:
Well the norwegian page mentioned a tornado, but whatever. Hell of a weather anyway.

Alice Cooper called it a tornado, and Bruce called it both a tornado and a typhoon, but in Finnish it's called a "trombi", which is weaker.  Never experienced one myself before this.

Forostar said:
Welcome back!  :rocker:
HallowedBeMyName said:
Hey Invader! Welcome home  :p

Thanks  :)  

Perun said:

One of the most poignant moments I have ever witnessed at a concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlTgFaLZxyE

It brought tears to my eyes.

I saw the news about that storm in Finland. This probably means the band will have to use bus to get to Norway in time for Wednesday's show, which means no time for fishing for H this time    :S

Really starting to get butterflies now. Leaving for Bergen tomorrow.

lenny76 said:
Well the norwegian page mentioned a tornado, but whatever. Hell of a weather anyway.
The storm over sonisphere, in english:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/144080
Luckily it didn't last that long. In my perspective, the storm only made things better. Not for those who got injured or for those who wanted to see Mötley Crue badly I mean. People were pissed off (or pissed on), but got over it with sense of humor.
And of course, it was dark during Maiden's performance. It wouldn't have been if they had performed on time. The two hour delay was a blessing.

As for the set list
I enjoyed These Colours Don't Run, Blood Brothers, Running Free and Dance of Death mostly. And yeah, Ben Breeg was awesome too. I've always considered it as my least favorite track (or second least favorite) on AMOLAD, but man, that song was pure gold live.

Back