OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! ENTIRE Winnipeg show in 720p in bootlegs!

I'm getting so excited... my first Maiden show ever.... Wow.

Up the irons from Chicago!!!!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! ENTIRE Winnipeg show in 720p in bootlegs!

Went to the show in Chicago last night. It was the 7th time I've seen Maiden and what can I say? It was a kick ass show. Well worth the 3 and 1/2 hour one way drive.

I got a few videos from the Chicago show last night... it was AMAZING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GysjsWhYvE

I got the opening, The Number of the Beast, and Hallowed Be Thy Name... for your viewing pleasure.

Crowd jumped up and started freaking out when "Doctor Doctor" started playing. Almost everyone was singing along to it. Then the intro began, and two minutes later the band jumped out to the Wickerman... crowd went nuts!

Setlist was awesome. Not complaining at all... I noticed a lot of people get up and leave halfway during Iron maiden's show, and they never came back. Such a shame some people are so close-minded to the newer tunes -_-

The sound was pretty terrible, especially Bruce's vocals. He was very very hard to understand at times... I knew the songs, so I of course understood what he was singing... but my two friends, who didn't know Iron Maiden very well, could hardly understand anything of what Bruce was singing/ranting about =/

Still an awesome show. We drove 450 miles to see it, and it was worth every cent of gas and food... when the show ended I actually cried. I looked forward to the show for the last 5 months and just like that it was over -_-

UP THE IRONS!

Tonight is my last show of the tour.  I saw Maiden in New Jersey, New York, Pittsburgh and Cleveland in a week long road trip with my Dad.  Most father-sons at these shows were younger than us, I'm 32 and my Dad is 63.  We had a blast.  The following are some of my very brief thoughts before I write up something a bit more substantial and informative-

Love the set list.  Cool stage set up.  Great lights.  Tons of backdrops.  The "Eddie" is hilariously awesome.

Great thing about buying fan club seats is that you also sit around other überfans.

Me and my Dad had an absolute blast.  If this is the last trip we take together, and I hope it isn't, we saved the best for last.

PNC is a super nice place, got a bit too drunk and excited at this show.  My neck is still killing me a week later. The first one is always great because it's the first.

MSG was unreal.  Best Maiden performance I've ever seen.  Unreal crowd.  Got a show specific shirt.  Best show of the tour.

Pittsburgh was nice but pretty laid back in comparison.  Some dude in front of me in the pit smelled like BO which sucked.  Band was much looser than NYC.  Almost too casual.

Cleveland was cool, great venue.  But my seats right in front of the pit sucked since I was so far off to the side I couldn't see
anything.  Loudest show I've EVER been to, including Motörhead.

Tonight should cap things off nicely.

Donner said:
I'm 32 and my Dad is 63.  We had a blast.

Cool. I don't think I'd be able to take my dad (64) along, but it ought to be something special.

Rod's new diary entry was recently published, and he said the following about the setlist with which I agree a 100%:

"Maybe the SBIT tour brought more older fans out to hear the older "classics", which is all some (thankfully by no means all) wish to hear. More Run To The Hills, more Trooper, etc. Well thats fair enough but not ALL the time. We don't want the band getting bored playing the same stuff all the time -- it just wouldn't be Maiden anymore. So maybe some of these guys have stayed away and been replaced by the young fans who are growing up on the 2000s albums. Who knows, but as long as everyone has a great time (but dont bitch too much about not hearing Run To The Hills for the 99th time) its all fine by me."

I have said my thing about the setlist but in the end I am still going. I got the ticket for my birthday which helped a bit as well. ;)

I'll just try to forget what they'll play and will just enjoy how they play it, and with how much enthusiasm it will be brought. Bring it on...  :rocker:

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! ENTIRE Winnipeg show in 720p in bootl

It's to the left of the A.

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside! ENTIRE Winnipeg show in 720p in bootl

:innocent:

(Please be aware, being a dick is part of this forum. If I did the same thing, I'd fully expect you to post something equally sarcastic.)

Revelationer said:
On official site they put out IMTV - EPISODE 3. AND IT'S STILL NOT ON YOUTUBE!!!

Excellent!  :ok:

Saw the last show of the North American tour last night (and my personal 5 show Maiden tour as well for that matter) and had a blast.  I seriously think (and hope) that this band has another good 5-8 years in them at least.  You can tell that each and every one of the members loves performing.  I've seen Maiden now 24 times and continue to be astounded at how much better a live band they are than everyone else.  A true notch above.

And it was good to see the venue mostly full.  The DC area has been pretty bad this summer when it comes to concert attendance.  That bodes well for them coming back in 2011.  :edmetal:

Ranko said:
Rod's new diary entry was recently published, and he said the following about the setlist with which I agree a 100%:

"Maybe the SBIT tour brought more older fans out to hear the older "classics", which is all some (thankfully by no means all) wish to hear. More Run To The Hills, more Trooper, etc. Well thats fair enough but not ALL the time. We don't want the band getting bored playing the same stuff all the time -- it just wouldn't be Maiden anymore. So maybe some of these guys have stayed away and been replaced by the young fans who are growing up on the 2000s albums. Who knows, but as long as everyone has a great time (but dont bitch too much about not hearing Run To The Hills for the 99th time) its all fine by me."

I agree 100% too! Last night was my first Maiden show, and although I wasn't too familiar with most of their setlist (besides listening to each song on YouTube once or twice), I enjoyed myself. I'd love to see them again next time they come to the states, regardless of what they are playing!

dreammaiden.jpg

Well, I did it!  July 20th was my first Maiden concert; I popped my cherry!  And damned if it wasn't one of the best nights of my life.  Almost the entire Hampton Inn we stayed at was full of Maiden fans, and they were all over the streets too!  We drove up from Chesapeake.  I couldn't believe just how much better they are live than on DVD.  What a euphoric experience!!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Just a few set list notes after having seen 5 shows this tour-
People, in general, were quite receptive to the newer songs. 

It was pretty funny to witness how many thought These Colours Don't Run was going to be The Trooper because of the back drop similarity

I think dropping Brighter Than A Thousand Suns for Wrathchild was a smart move.  Having Brighter in there was, as Bruce said, just one epic long song too many.

Nothing really lagged until the Wildest Dreams/No More Lies pairing.  I'm all for new songs, but substituting (and being realistic here mind you) The Trooper for Wildest Dreams and something like Revelations for No More Lies would have rounded the set off quite well.

I know us diehards moan about Fear of the Dark being played all the time, but man it's a great live song.  Sort of like Wrathchild, when you're there fists in the air and screaming along with 20,000 other fans, you forget how overplayed those songs are live and realize WHY they play them.  Because they are fun and the entire audience goes nuts for them.

I LOVED the set ending with Running Free.  What a great song that's been absent far too long from the set.

Wow,

I have not been checking the setlists for ages and I just found out that, since Maiden came into Canada, they have dropped Paschendale for good!

So, in the end, Paschendale was only played at 5 gigs in the USA.

Dallas
San Antonio
Albuquerque
San Bernardino
Auburn

Of course, Dallas was extra special because it was the only one with Brighter than a Thousand Suns.

I guess SMX and other big fans who missed Paschendale must have double feelings:

1) They missed the song, but so did thousands of others at 20 gigs.
2) Maybe they still find it an offense to their favourite song, since they rate Paschendale much higher than Dance of Death's title track.

Yes, I am slow, finding this out so late, and lazy to not read this whole thread, but I still wanted to share my amazement. Now I am curious: what will happen in Europe, the last 11 gigs of this 2010 tour. Same set or again a sudden change?

Yup, lucky SOBs in Dallas.

If you've read Rod's diary about the setlist progressing more smoothly without the Dallas song, then you'll agree with me that there's little chance of getting it back.

Knowing Maiden, there's also little chance of changing the setlist when they cross the pond over to our side.

So, is the set from yesterday's Ireland show the same?

Back