OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Jason2103 said:
What would you think would make a suitable replacement?

I think that throwing in Seventh Son or Somewhere in Time tracks would be the way to go. That's certainly wishful thinking, but those are my two favorite albums of theirs. I suppose I should just drop it, since they did play five songs from the two albums collectively on SBIT.

If the tour started, I wanna ask them who was at some shows,if  is there a place with t-shirts and posters and other things for sale?
In SBIT it was, but I don't remember how much they cost and I wanna know.
I'm interested in specially for posters, I wanna buy a textile poster with Powerslave, and I wish to know how much it cost
Thanks

In response to the last few posts:
They should keep the setlist the same except, if the reason for WC is because of time constraints, drop WC and replace it with Rainmaker.

rokyronnie said:
If the tour started, I wanna ask them who was at some shows,if  is there a place with t-shirts and posters and other things for sale?
In SBIT it was, but I don't remember how much they cost and I wanna know.
I'm interested in specially for posters, I wanna buy a textile poster with Powerslave, and I wish to know how much it cost
Thanks

Dallas show only had t-shirts. I did not see any posters for sale.

:(, why they don't sell posters ?  :(

I know there are some on the official shop, but are very small and too expensive.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
In response to the last few posts:
They should keep the setlist the same except, if the reason for WC is because of time constraints, drop WC and replace it with Rainmaker.

I'm sure it is just speculation at this point, but is the issue of time constraints just something relating to a specific city that has laws about that, or do you think the first set list was simply too long for them to play on a nightly basis? I guess we'll know once they play a few more shows, but the change near the beginning of the setlist seems to have stuck so far.

<sigh> I'll say it again...

The reason for dropping BTATS was probably the show's energy level. They want the fans fired up when it's time to introduce El Dorado - and that means they have to play a classic right before it. Otherwise, half or more of the fans have lost interest during BTATS and are just standing around quietly when it's over.

And again, this is coming from having actually seen the tour. I'm telling you, the energy level was dropping like a stone after Ghost.

SinisterMinisterX said:

Otherwise, half or more of the fans have lost interest during BTATS and are just standing around quietly when it's over.

Fans?... I wouldn't exactly call people fans who lose interest during one of the very best Maiden songs, and I guess, that's exactly what 'Brighter Than A Thousand Suns' is, at least in regards to myself.  :eek:

Its disappointing, but nothing like the mass exodus that was seen during the Rush concerts.  Anytime a song off the new album came up, at least 1/3 of the crowd left to go get beer.  People suck.

do you think the setlist will dramatically change once to they start to play the european festivals ?

Cosmiceddie said:
Fans?... I wouldn't exactly call people fans who lose interest during one of the very best Maiden songs, and I guess, that's exactly what 'Brighter Than A Thousand Suns' is, at least in regards to myself.  :eek:

I mostly agree. BTATS is great - hell, it's my ringtone. But let's not question the fanhood of the USA fans. We all know 90s and 00s Maiden didn't get popular here the way 80s Maiden did.

Is it a requirement for a person to be a fan of all albums to call himself a Maiden fan? No. Just being an 80s fan doesn't make you "not a fan".

Babo 91 said:
do you think the setlist will dramatically change once to they start to play the european festivals ?
I don't think it will change at all. Maybe
they'll re-introduce BTATS instead of Wrathchild, but that's it. If the band's reason for dropping BTATS was indeed the energy level and not the local curfews, then I doubt that we'll hear BTATS again on this tour.

Full audio bootleg from the show on the 12th:
http://sharebee.com/fbc5fa6b

ChopperDave said:
Dallas show only had t-shirts. I did not see any posters for sale.
I was there. They had posters. I bought the "Final Frontier" tour poster. They also had a poster feautering all the album art + singles, AMOLAD, and A Killers flag and a new flag with the new "skull and crossbones" Final Frontier Eddie.

SinisterMinisterX said:

The reason for dropping BTATS was probably the show's energy level. They want the fans fired up when it's time to introduce El Dorado - and that means they have to play a classic right before it. Otherwise, half or more of the fans have lost interest during BTATS and are just standing around quietly when it's over.

And again, this is coming from having actually seen the tour. I'm telling you, the energy level was dropping like a stone after Ghost.

You were at the Dallas show where they played
BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS
? I was. The energy was fantastic, I LOVED it! I'm so blessed to have seen them play a song that I suppose they have dropped from the rest of the tour.

SinisterMinisterX said:
They do. They had at least 2 for sale in Denver.
                          i saw a booth with at least 5

Blood Brothers from Denver:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eKT7Z6SiMY

And one priceless comment from some poor sucker...

"I was literally right next to the sound booth, I even got to meet Martin Birch!"

Well, I suppose Birch could have been in Denver ... more likely that someone saw his n00bness and took advantage. "Yeah, I'm Martin Birch, that's the ticket!"

All praise to the n00b-abusers! >:[

It would be really cool if they did a tour featuring mostly 90's material. I doubt we'll ever hear anything but "Fear of the Dark" from that decade otherwise.

Corrin said:
It would be really cool if they did a tour featuring mostly 90's material. I doubt we'll ever hear anything but "Fear of the Dark" from that decade otherwise.
I bet they'll eventually do a tour covering some of it, but since it wasn't very popular, it probably won't be exclusive like The Early Days and SBIT. Maybe it'll cover 90's and 00's or something.

The 00's is being covered now. What's left for another 'back in time' type tour is Seventh Son/Maiden England and 90's albums, including Blaze albums, of course.

I hope Brighter Than A Thousand Suns come back to the set. The heaviest Maiden song.

Back