Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

Had to be done.

I think I can listen to this album twice every day for five years, and still discover new parts in it. It may be a bit early to say this, but I think this probably is Maiden's best studio album ever.

just got through it and so far my favorite tracks are IOA the Alchemist and WTWWB.

I just picked up the Mission Edition from my local record store, thankfully the dude who works their was kind enough to sell it to me early.
I don't wanna give anything away but I will say the packaging is pretty neat and artwork in the booklet is rad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden_discography BNW debuted at #39 on Billboard. DOD at #18. AMOLAD at #9. I love the trend there and can't wait to see what TFF does.
gageman92 said:
I just picked up the Mission Edition from my local record store, thankfully the dude who works their was kind enough to sell it to me early.
I don't wanna give anything away but I will say the packaging is pretty neat and artwork in the booklet is rad.
Is this the artwork?:
lp.jpg
Or is this it?: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/ ... TFF-scans/

Actually, I see the same artwork is in the scans on my photobucket. I'm loving it!

do you have the album yet, Travis?

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
  oh. you had the scans of the booklet. I figured you got the album. I was going to ask if you had the regular or mission edition because I wanted to know if the regular had a different booklet.

Ah. I got those scans with a torrent of the album. It must be the Mission Ed. because you can clearly see the tin can. I wonder what this is though:
CDmatrix.jpg

Also, I don't think the regular booklet has those black and white Eddies.

i found it odd that
the album title and band logo arn't on the booklet cover and that there are no individual band pics and the group picture is overshadowed. 
I wonder what they are planning with that eddie thing. But then again it might be a repeat of the Ben Breeg thing. <_<

I can verify that the Mission Edition booklet does have the black and white concept sketches, although they are thumbnails on one page.

I have the album since friday, I hear it over and over again and every time it's getting better. The only 2 IM albums that disapointed me are VirtualXI and AMOLAD, now I'm happy to say that this is at least as good as BNW and DoD if not, better.  :edmetal:  Only the Iron Maiden on LSD trip intro is really annoying.

Still can't put them in order (have to do that later on in the best of-forum) but now I am now at a point of judging..

The five least good songs (in chronological order, not the order of quality):
Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Coming Home
The Talisman
The Man Who Would Be King

The five best songs (same order as above):
Mother of Mercy
The Alchemist
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
When the Wild Wind Blows

You don't have to be Einstein to see that I love the middle of the album the most. Three great tracks in a row.

I think the album gets better with each song which i've never expirienced on an album. Except maybe Virtual XI but that ends too soon. This one is easily the perfect album.

Let's just say what I've been saying for almost a week now: Best modern Maiden album.

OK? Thank you.

Hi everybody! =)

I'm new here and since a few weeks i've been following this forum and because it seems pretty cool i decided to join!

Tomorrow i'll buy the cd but I didn't resist so I've been listening to the album for a week and I must say it's pretty amazing! With each listen it seems the album gets better,it's a grower definatly!!I believe some songs may take some time to enjoy (Isle of Avalon, The Talisman, When The Wild Blows for example)but when/if you "click" with them, each become an amazing piece of work for sure!

The only thing i'd change in it is probably the intro "Satellite 15". At first i loved listening to it,but after a few listens i find it pretty boring, they should have make 2 separate tracks and Satellite 15 would be a kind of a mood settler as the 1 song on cd, because having to skip to the 4:30 to hear the Final Frontier is boring!:/

Anyway since it's my biggest complaint with the album,it's obvious i love it! All songs are strong imo, and I think i have a new all time favourite Iron Maiden tune: When The Wild Wind Blows, what a song!!11mins is too short for this song!

At this moment i'd rank this album among their best, maybe my 2nd or 3rd favourite, but i have a feeling that it can actually become my favourite album, it has no fillers (imo of course) and i love every second of it, almost perfect!

Anyway nice to be here and hope you all enjoy the cd as much as i do!=)

Back