Official Tennis thread

If one is to go by what the media says, Nadal is the favorite.
That's because Nadal at the French Open is one of the most sure-things there is in all of sports. You can take any player in history who's ever played tennis, match them against Nadal right now at Roland Garros, and Nadal would still easily be the favorite.

In other news, Dominic Thiem just beat Djokovic in an epic 5 set match, but now he has last than 24 hours before he has to face Nadal in the Final. I cant see Thiem taking even 1 set, if I'm being honest.

Ashleigh Barty is tearing Vondrosuova apart in the Women's Final. This is quite typical of women's finals at Grand Slams sadly. One-sided and over in an hour.

Enjoyed the tournament, Thiem played really well in both the semi and the final, I had though been hoping for a Nadal Djokovic showdown.

Looking forward to the grass now, and seeing how Murray gets on in the doubles at Queens.

The Big Three have all made it to the Semi-Finals at Wimbledon.

We seem to be at the point now where it would be/will be a bigger story if/when one of them doesn't make it to the Semi-Finals at a Major.

I was just about to comment on that. A totally unexpected result. Halep is a great player but I didn't know it was possible for anyone to do that to Serena Williams.

Masterclass by Halep. I was cheering for her so happy with the outcome. Probably my favorite female tennis player right now.

I dont follow the sport really but I see above the the Wizard says that womens Grand Slam finals are often one sided. Well that was certainly one sided. Some great, thigh matches in the earlier rounds, though.

Grow up, guys, tennis is no laughing matter. Well, I'll admit that I found it funny that time when Gerard Butler and Bradley Cooper were clearly off their tits at Centre Court.

I didn't find that match particularly enjoyable. It seemed like an arm-wrestle most of the time instead of a spectacular exhibition of tennis.

Superb match. Djokovic's mental fortitude and Federer's endurance at the age of 38 are truly admirable.

Djokovic is up to 16 slams now. Trailing Federer by four, Nadal by two.

Novak Djokovic was disqualified from his US Open match after he hit a ball in frustration that ended up hitting a line judge.

This means that for the first time since 2014, we will have a brand new winner of a (mens) major.

Back