Official Star Wars Thread

The following mind-blowing theory comes from genius Reddit user Lampawarroo, whose careful research and masterful insight brings us what may be the greatest Star Wars theory ever conceived...
banner_49854e152da94b28cd70a7dd2dcf2c5a.jpg

Here I will seek to establish that Jar Jar Binks, far from being simply the bumbling idiot he portrays himself as, is in fact a highly skilled force user in terms of martial ability and mind control.

Furthermore, I assert that he was not, as many people assume, just an unwitting political tool manipulated by Palpatine-- rather, he and Palpatine were likely in collaboration from the very beginning, and it's entirely possible that Palpatine was a subordinate underling to Binks throughout both trilogies.

And finally, given the above, I will conclude with an argument as to why I believe it is not only possible, but plausible that Jar Jar will make a profound impact on the upcoming movies, and what his role may be. (continued here: http://www.tickld.com/x/jaw/this-guy-just-changed-the-way-we-see-star-wars-jar-jar )

The following mind-blowing theory comes from genius Reddit user Lampawarroo, whose careful research and masterful insight brings us what may be the greatest Star Wars theory ever conceived...

Here I will seek to establish that Jar Jar Binks, far from being simply the bumbling idiot he portrays himself as, is in fact a highly skilled force user in terms of martial ability and mind control.
Inb4 @Maturin claims this was George Lucas' original intent. :p

I've read a lot of theories about Star Wars storytelling, and that one has blown through the ring theory nonsense to be far more ludicrous.

I re-watched the prequel trilogy recently and tried to be as positive as possible about it. One of the things I noticed was that the Jar Jar antics were far worse in my memory, but I still found his infantile behaviour extremely irritating. It spoiled a good chunk of the first film for me. It wasn't the only thing, perhaps not even the worst, but still, even if George Lucas had all this in mind, it was just poorly executed.

The DarthJarJar-subreddit is going crazy. Understandable, it has a lot of appeal and would explain a lot of very awkward turns in the PT quite neatly - the super awkward juxtaposition of Jar Jar's luck on the battlefield with Anakin's "luck" in the space battle in TPM, the awkward introduction of a new villain late in the game (Dooku) at about the time where the "I'm your father"-twist comes in the OT, the clash with the famous Obi Wan-quote "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck" from the OT, it would strengthen the deception-theme (Amidala & Palpatine wouldn't be alone in playing with identities) and it would also be a neat paralell to Yoda's introduction in the OT.

A crazy fan theory, but good reading and fun to run with nonetheless.

Back