Official Star Wars Thread

Mickey Mouse is happy with the trailer

www.independent.co.uk/news/star-wars-trailer-adds-2-billion-to-disney-stock-value-10184088.html

Disney’s stock value got an unexpected boost of $2 billion yesterday after the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was released.

Shares rose by 1% to $108.30 after the trailer was posted at 10am PST from around $107 before. They settled around a few cents above $107 in after hours trade.

The share jump is an indication of excitement among investors over Star Wars, which is a relatively new acquisition for Disney. Disney bought the rights to the franchise as part of its $4 billion purchase of Lucasfilm Ltd in 2012. That now looks like a savvy move on the part of CEO Bob Iger.

My initial answer to this post was uncalled for and I apologise - but I really can't relate to this. A crashed Star Destroyer, a half-molten Vader helmet and Han and Chewie... and that's "nothing especially exciting"?

The Vader-helmet has been around for ages in leaked concept art, and we already knew Han and "Wooääööh" was going to be in the film. The first teaser was awesome, had a mysterious voice-over, a new lightsaber, and it had all that without revealing a thing about the story. Just showing Solo and wookiee raises more concerns than it gets me excited about the film.

The first teaser was awesome, had a mysterious voice-over, a new lightsaber, and it had all that without revealing a thing about the story.
The new one has a voice-over that refers to who knows who, a new bad guy, a crashed Star Destroyer, and still doesn't reveal a thing about the story.

Also, X-Wings.

The new one has a voice-over that refers to who knows who, a new bad guy, a crashed Star Destroyer, and still doesn't reveal a thing about the story.

I'd say that the voiceover very clearly implicates that the story is going to involve Luke's (or Leia's) children developing Jedi powers. But, we pretty much already knew that.

Did you notice the downed X-wing in the desert in front of the downed Star Destroyer?? Hmmmmm.......

Also, the voice over was like what Luke said to Leia, except for the '...and you have it too' (or however that was worded.

Was it Luke talking to his son? Was it Luke's son talking to someone else?

Oh, man... I can't wait for Christmas this year!

So, you have a problem with references to the prior movies?

You do know what a sequel and/or franchise is, right? :D

Let's not kid ourselves. For a teaser of the most anticipated film of the year it's mightily disappointing, but still expected. It takes more than a few references to the old films to make me excited, and of course I am also worried about how they have decided to continue the franchise. Having a lot of sentimental scenes with Solo and the wookiee could be partly awesome, but it would alsp leave a bitter taste.

The sentimental scenes with Spock (not that there were a lot though) were awesome and unforgettable in recent Star Trek films.

I read an article on UPROXX that said they didn't think it was Mark Hamil's voice in that voice over. Hmmmm.....

Back