Official MLB baseball thread.

Interesting couple of days! Excited to see Ohtani with the Angels and majorly pumped to see Stanton with the Yanks! Who knows whats next?

Cubs signed Morrow for the pen.
On the MLB level, they are still looking for another starter, another reliever, and a backup catcher

I think they will try to bring in another starter, reliever, IF, and OF ... guys that have options and can be signed on the cheap to be the "strategic reserve" in Iowa

Well Stanton picked up right where he left off, 2 home runs to start off the season and his Yankees debut. If he can stay healthy, I honestly think 70 homers could be an actual possibility for him.

I actually watched the Cubs lose that 17-inning disaster. The Marlins? Seriously? Everyone on that Cubs lineup is deadly and they can't even beat baseball's most pathetic team.

Ohtani has been truly remarkable to start the season. He's already hit 3 home runs, and as a pitcher, he just took a perfect game into the seventh inning!

Keep in mind the Angles have him under contract for the next 6 years for basically league minimum.

He had a poor spring training but he’s really started the season strong. Just the fact that he can pitch and hit so well shows his immense talent... most players can barely stay consistent at one of those. The Japanese players tend to burn out come the last few months since the MLB season is longer than Japan's, but I’m excited to watch this guy’s career unfold. My only concern is that I doubt the Halos are going to the postseason any time soon, especially with the Astros now in their division.

Yeah, the Baltimore hung onto him a year to long to get a really big haul. Looks like they got 1 good prospect, 1 decent one, and 3 other guys. I would think this will open the floodgates on other trades. The minus for LA is Machado has looked pretty brutal at SS this year and that is where he needs to play there

David Bote with the down-by-three, pinch hit, walk-off grand slam! He's come out of nowhere and has been absolutely tearing the cover off the ball. Cole Hamels has also been excellent since coming over to the Cubs.

Both could be big-time playoff contributors, especially if Darvish and Bryant aren't able to return to form (or return at all) by the end of the season.

I want to know what’s going to happen to Bote if Bryant returns before September. They CAN’T send him down, but who would they send? Happ? Russell? A bullpen guy?

The Cubs will most likely need to win both of their final games in order to win the division outright ... I just don't see the Brewers losing to Detroit.

Well it took almost the entire off-season, but Manny Machado just signed with the Padres for 10 years and $300M.

Now it'll be interesting to see where, and for how much, Bryce Harper lands.

Not being a fan of Machado, I’m glad he didn’t sign with the White Sox. Not that I’m a White Sox fan, either, but I don’t want him and his cancerous arrogant attitude in Chicago.

My guess? Harper to the Phillies for $320-ish. Both he and Machado have egos the size of Jupiter, but I don’t think Harper is a dirty player (nor is he stupid enough to admit laziness). I do think that Machado is a better overall player, though.

Back