Official MLB baseball thread.

I've heard that Ohtani prefers a "small market team with no current Japanese star," but I've also heard that this was attributed to Brian Cashman and NYC media for being butthurt about Ohtani eliminating the Yankees as an option.

Obviously, I hope he signs with the Cubs.

The Cubs toyed with a 6 man rotation a bit last year and I got the impression Maddon wants to do that to keep pitchers healthy and fresh down the stretch. They signed Chatwood yesterday (I assume as a replacement for Lackey) ....

Ohtani would be perfect for that scheme .. it would mirror how much they pitch in Japan and he could play a few days in the field when not starting. I am guessing that is part of the pitch the Cubs made to him.

Yeah .. they do ... Arrieta is most likely gone ... so they need 1 more starter to fill a 5 man rotation.

Right now it is Lester, Hendricks, Quintana, Chatwood ... then you have guys like Montgomery (who I think they prefer in the pen) or Eddie Butler (so-so at best)

I'm really excited to see how he does in the MLB. I have nothing against the Angels, so I will be fully rooting for him to succeed there.

Same here, I will certainly watch a lot more Angels games than I otherwise would have with him on the team. I hope he does well both hitting and pitching.

I am also glad he made his decision ahead of the winter meetings, now the Cubs know they need one more starter.

I don't blame him at all, to be honest. It's not like he's the one that went to management and requested to be traded in the first place, so he might as well use the power that he does have, via his contract, to only accept a trade to somewhere that he truly wants to go to.

Just reading that The Mets are apparantly speaking to The Mariners about Castro already... Would love to see Castro stay in NYC and a good statement of intent for The Mets! Fingers crossed!

Back