Official Hockey discussion thread

McDavid is next level good. When he's on that level, they don't need "defense", they will win 6-4.

You want to see good hockey, watch the Hurricanes. Teravainan, Svechnikov, and especially Aho are also next level players.

McDavid is next level good. When he's on that level, they don't need "defense", they will win 6-4.

You want to see good hockey, watch the Hurricanes. Teravainan, Svechnikov, and especially Aho are also next level players.
Yup. Completely agree. That Aho goal in game 3 was insane.

EDM will have a deep run with their top two lines, but if they're going to win a cup they will need defense eventually, or better goaltending.

EDM will have a deep run with their top two lines, but if they're going to win a cup they will need defense eventually, or better goaltending.
I mean, they need okay defense and goaltending. I don't think they're ready to win a Cup but if a goalie gets hot, they could.

Habs come back from being down 3-1 to beat the Pens 4-3. Penguins looked absolutely defeated out there, but it's still only 2-1 Habs in the series.

Still pissed about having to trade Teravainan ... bought a jersey and everything. But might be trading that in for a Dach jersey, he is playing some big minutes and playing quite well .. I do not have any illusions of the Hawks going too far, but I have to think this is good for Dach, Boqvist, DeBrincat, et al ... and nice seeing Toews playing at top form. Would be good to get to the next round, even though part of me likes the 12% chance at the top pick if they drop 2 in a row. In either case, this is all bonus hockey as a 12 seed, so enjoying it.

Also nice the Friday game starts almost 4 hours earlier :)

Still pissed about having to trade Teravainan ... bought a jersey and everything.
I hear that. The first, and only, Hawks jersey I bought myself was Panarin, thinking he was going to be a stud for a long time to come. That's still likely to be true, but it won't be for the Hawks. :(

I hear that. The first, and only, Hawks jersey I bought myself was Panarin, thinking he was going to be a stud for a long time to come. That's still likely to be true, but it won't be for the Hawks. :(
Ooooooooooooooooooooof.

Instead you have to pay Brent Seabrook 7 million a year to be a pylon.

Ooooooooooooooooooooof.

Instead you have to pay Brent Seabrook 7 million a year to be a pylon.

That contract was doomed to failure long term ... at least they got a cup out of it ... and he was a huge reason they won the cup in 2015 with only 4 viable blue liners. Guess the hope is that all the surgeries he had will help him get to at least effective as a 5th-6th d man or they utterly failed and he can ride out his career on LTIR

Chicago is through and so is Montreal. The pens and oilers have a shot at the top pick... Didn't watch the Boston game and good thing since they've lost every single game, pathetic. They deserve to be swept by the canes.

That contract was doomed to failure long term ... at least they got a cup out of it ... and he was a huge reason they won the cup in 2015 with only 4 viable blue liners. Guess the hope is that all the surgeries he had will help him get to at least effective as a 5th-6th d man or they utterly failed and he can ride out his career on LTIR
Yeah, true enough. Flags fly forever and all that. I want the guy to get back to playing well, never want to see someone's pretty good career end so ignominiously, on LTIR and traded to Ottawa or Arizona...

New York Rangers win the top overall draft pick. If this Lafreniere kid is even half as good as he's hyped up to be the Rangers will be a force for years to come.

New York Rangers win the top overall draft pick. If this Lafreniere kid is even half as good as he's hyped up to be the Rangers will be a force for years to come.
And if kaapo kakko grows into a beast as well. Will king Henrik get his cup in NY after all?

Columbus didn't get too much done on Tampa's end, but what an effort!

It's tough loss for Columbus, given that they've just played five game series with Toronto and had only one day off before this one... Tampa probably has a bit more gas left in the tank, but we'll see... Looking ahead at the game #2, small details in the planning of recovery etc. will play a huge role.

Well, exhaustion wise, they're definitely on the same plateau as Tampa now. What really hurts is that Elvis Merzslikins is out with an injury, so they can't use their tandem.

What really hurts is that Elvis Merzslikins is out with an injury, so they can't use their tandem.

Yeah, Elvis might be back soon enough (the nature of the injury remains unclear), but it's definitely not looking too great. This kind of games are very tough for goalies to recover from.

I ended up watching the 5th OT, because the Boston game wouldn't start lol. Glad I did. There was a penguins washington game in the mid 90s that went to 4th OT before Petr Nedved ended it. Dallas had one too, in fact, wasn't it the no goal final? In short, I've seen some of the longest games in history, kinda special.

Back