Official Hockey discussion thread

The Bruins haven't been big or bad recently dropping games to pittsburgh, the rangers... winnipeg to name a few... they need to get their act together.

The Bruins haven't been big or bad recently dropping games to pittsburgh, the rangers... winnipeg to name a few... they need to get their act together.

Agreed. They just look tired somehow, like the winds gone out of their sail.

They are still in a good spot and plenty of time in the season to get on the right path. I'm not worried, as long as they get in they'll be able to make a good run to defend the cup regardless of seed.

Boston had some bad news today with losing Rich Peverley for 4-6. He's a quality roleplayer for the Bruins and they'll hurt without him. However, this is a midseason slump that's not really a slump. Look for the Bruins to get it back on the rails in March, after the deadline.

Speaking of...who do you think Nash goes to?

Bad news indeed, this will test their depth, which they have... maybe not as deep as the penguins, but really what team is? lol.

Did anyone really believe that the Jets would be sitting in first place in the southeast at this time in the season? Not this kid... but I like it! If we have anyone to thank for it in particular, Ondrej Pavelec would get my vote. Awesome goaltending...

Flabbergasted. That and the Kings sending Johnson to Columbus for Carter... boneheaded move? I think so.

The Jets are a great story.
And why the hell anyone would want to put Carter and Richards together again?
I predict early success for JC in LA, but long-term failure.

Bruins suffering injury after injury, not having proper chemestry with youngsters and recent additions taking the ice for the fallen few... now having to sign Turco to make up for the loss of Rask for the next 4-6 weeks... not being able to beat a clearly tired Rangers team... *sigh* Things are not boding well. Only 20 some odd games to go and the wheels are falling off. Guess not every team can be the Penguins. Speaking of which, they are on their second longest winning streak of the season, so I guess I can take consolation in that my other Eastern team is doing well enough.

How 'bout them Leafs? I really don't think firing Wilson was the right call, but it has been a very popular move as of late in the NHL when teams don't perform. I blows my mind when clubs can't count their losses and do all their changes in the quite of the off-season whether they make the playoffs or not. Nope, 40 games left? Fuck it, fire the coach. 20 games left? fuck it, fire the coach. Or as the Devils said, 2 games left? fuck it, fire the coach. The reason I hate it is because I feel it is like when People blame the president for a shitty economy. There is only so much they can do, at the end of the day it is the players who are on the ice. He can change the lines, take time outs, give speeches, send "messages" such as benching or rewarding with more ice-time, but at the end of the day, if the players don't do their job... oh well. I think it was Mike Millbury who said, it is easier to change one coach than 20 players... guess so.

And Djurgården plunges into the relegation series, on goal difference. Dark times ahead... :S

At least you don't have to worry about that in the NHL.

The pens losing the islanders... The wings being smacked by the blue jackets.... good god, hockey twilight zone.

Yeah, it's weird. Just finished watching the Jets lose to the Rangers. Things are bleak here in Winnipeg... had my hopes up for awhile...

They did fine for their first season. I have high hopes for that franchise. The East will be a three horse race between the Rangers, The Bruins and the Penguins. All three teams are TEAMS, no individuals, play, score and block shots by committee. The only thing that the Rangers lack compared to the other two is depth, but those are the teams to beat come apr 11. In the west it is all about St. Louis, with Vancouver, IMO a distant second. If I want to be generous it is a toss up between Detroit and Nashville for the third threat.

Pittsburgh is a frightningly good team. They'll be the ones to really watch in the East. I'll pull for the Canucks in the West, but I think they'll have a tough go of it...

Pittsburgh drops a second to NYI... w...t...f? This is no way to end a season. I'm pissed. 'Yotes blanked the Sharks so that's good, climbed to 7th and the B's fall to the surging capitals. Interesting time with 5 games to go.

The Habs have finally fired Pierre Gauthier and let Bob Gainey go as well. About time. They have proven incapable of building a consistent contender. Gauthier did an OK job of stockpiling picks but he had very little to work with.

I think they should blow the team up, keep Price, Gorges, Subban, and Pacioretty and trade everyone else.

Agreed on the Habs. Franchise deserves better.

Who do you guys think is out in the playoff races?
My Sabres have come a long way, but I think they are going to fall just short.
Washington sneaks in, Ottawa and Florida barely hang on.

Winnipeg is too far out, but damn Taker, your house rocks. Great place to watch a hockey game.

West will stay as is. Calgary is too far back, Colorado too few games.
And the Sharks run is finally over.

Back