Official Hockey discussion thread

Well, well, well... the Jets pull off three wins in a row, against Tampa, Washington, and Philly no less :blink: Don't write these guys off just yet... they're showing that they can get the job done. Consistency will be critical.

They played fairly well last night, though the still showed some lapses in judgement. I think now that Noel is getting to know his players, they're doing better. And to be completely honest, Noel is a HUGELY different coach than anyone who's worked in Atlanta, so it makes sense that it would take a bit of time there.

So, will there be blood on the ice Wednesday between Buffalo and Boston?
Or will it turn out to be the usual overhype?

granted, it was against the Islanders, but still... I'm expecting to see many more games like this from Crosby and the pens... I smell a cup :)

4 points in a game. That's incredible. Now, if he keeps it up, and scores like this for the rest of the season, the Pens will be able to say the long layoff was worth it.

He's hopefully picked up where he left off.

mckindog said:
So, will there be blood on the ice Wednesday between Buffalo and Boston?
Or will it turn out to be the usual overhype?

I'm giving it to Boston. Their October was atrocious, but they've been playing November like the team that won the Cup.

Re: Jets vs Bruins... Okay, has there ever in the history of the game, been a team so prone to taking stupid penalties as the Winnipeg Jets? I'd bet not. Christ...

So.... Bruce Boudreau got fired today.... as was Paul Maurice in Carolina... dun dun dun. I think Ovi will like Dale Hunter, but let us see if the rest of the team jumps on board.

Glad to see Cory Schneider having a good season so far. He played at my university you know ^^.

I hate you so much in a good way right now. I was one of two people in all of Arizona to give a shit about Boston winning the Cup.

Back