Official Football Thread

Think Arsenal will have it really tough with the Turkish team.

Fenerbahçe aren't that good. They made the semi finals in Europa League last year but they're far from that level. Horrible defense. Barely made out of the last stage, Salzburg dominated both games but were unlucky. Then again, Arsenal don't look that good either, but still, the offensive firepower will be too much to handle for Fenerbahçe.

We're playing them this Sunday on the Turkish Super Cup, should be exciting.

Arsenal tend to start playing well once winter sets in. I give zero fucks if a team looks bad in pre season (friendlies) because that doesn't mean nothing when the regular season begins

Arsenal tend to start playing well once winter sets in. I give zero fucks if a team looks bad in pre season (friendlies) because that doesn't mean nothing when the regular season begins

We might start playing better, but being blind to all problems team has is foolish. Our defense is horrible, you need to have a very good defense to compete with United, City and Chelsea. Even Tottenham has a better defense than ours.

Dr. Eddies Wingman, if you're around would you be able to offer an explanation as to why Rosenborg are shit now and managed to get knocked out of the UEFA Cup by St. Johnstone?

All Norwegian teams have been shit in Europe for years. Ever since Rosenborg stopped being really good, noone else have managed to reach the same level they had in the years from 1996 to about 2003. But I had expected Rosenborg to go further than that. I expected them to get into the group stage and get a whacking there.

Galatasaray dominated Fenerbahçe today, ending score was 1-0, though, with goal scored by Drogba. Two straight doubles. I really doubt Fenerbahçe has even a little chance against Arsenal, watching them today.

arsenal.gif

Bit of a scary moment during yesterday's training of the Dutch squad. De Guzman and Kuijt butted with their heads against each other. De Guzman would start in the friendly match vs our angstgegner Portugal, but he has a concussion (also passed out for a short moment) so he can't play.

Here you see what happened right after they hit, and you hear some people calling for an ambulance. http://nos.nl/l/539891

Last edited:
Well that went better than expected.:eek: If the Scotland players put half as much effort in to other matches as they did tonight then the country might stand a better chance of qualifying for a tournament.

Arsenal continues to drive me nuts. The team desperately needs some transfers. Luiz Gustavo deal looked to be done for 14 million euros, Wolfsburg came up and offered 17 million euros, Arsenal backed down and Gustavo joined Wolfsburg. What the hell is this crap? The club is one of the richest in the world and still don't do anything. Fucking hell.

Losing 1-3 to Aston Villa in the first week of the season AT HOME. It's official, Arsenal did the unthinkable and became as big of a joke as Liverpool.

Back