Official Football Thread

Don't know. I go to the BBC website & I've got to, like, search about for the diddy league section before I see anything about them... & then it just seems to be loads of nonsense about the boardroom...:p

Together with Real Madrid and Juventus on Group B, tough break. I doubt we have a chance to reach the quarter finals again this year.

The transfer deadline day didn't cause any fuss around here? Gareth Bale to Real Madrid. Mesut Özil to Arsenal. Kaka to Milan. Maroune Fellaini to Manchester United.

I'm glad (and really surprised) to see Kaka again under the Milan shirt, although I would have prefered a strong defenser. This Özil thing is really a surprise. Does this man really worth the 50 euros the Gunners spent on him ?

I don't think he's worth 50m. 30-40 max.
I'm glad Boateng left Milan in style with 2 goals. He had potential to be much better though. Glad that Kaka is back. I wish we spent the Matri money on a midfielder though.

I agree with you Night Prowler. Boateng could have done much better during the two last seasons ; Melissa Satta is gorgeous but he should have concentrated more on training. As for Matri, I'm not sure : the man is a treal center forward, and he will help to win certain matches. The defence is terrible, and this is my main concern : they would have needed two center backs, while on the sides, "tutto é a posto" with Abate and De Siglio. This side would not need that much money to be great again...

the man is a treal center forward, and he will help to win certain matches.
Pazzini is all that + more. They should've waited for his return from injury and used Petagna till then. Christian Eriksen was just 1-2m more expensive than Matri and is 8 years younger.

Mourinho is so fucking stupid. Lukaku scored more league goals last season than Torres and Ba (in Chelsea) combined, yet this idiot buys Eto'o and loans Lukaku to Everton even though he's clearly the best striker they have. He should just leave permanently, they never showed respect for his awesomeness.

Mourinho is so fucking stupid. Lukaku scored more league goals last season than Torres and Ba (in Chelsea) combined, yet this idiot buys Eto'o and loans Lukaku to Everton even though he's clearly the best striker they have. He should just leave permanently, they never showed respect for his awesomeness.

Lukaku may be a great striker but he's incredibly insecure and very immature. The guy is totally not ready for big league football. It would be much better for him to play a couple of seasons on a slightly lower level. Otherwise, he's just going to burn out. Remember how he burst in tears when he saw Stamford Bridge for the first time? ::)

As I said, if they showed a bit more faith in him, he would've been much better. Think Balotelli in City vs. Balotelli in Milan.

Norway are playing Cyprus. I predict another dull affair. Norway to win 1-0.

PS: Can you believe it? We're 1-0 up at half time! We've even had big goal opportunities in addition to the goal! Against the mighty Cyprus! Most impressive, my boys.

PPS: Oh joy. 2-0! A win which looked secure all the way. When did Norway last do that against inferior opposition?

Last edited:
Oh, England won. I must have missed that. To be honest, I don't pay much attention to international matches these days, just follow my old local club, Sunderland, more out of sense of loyalty than anything. They haven't been very impressive at all so far this season.

Turkey beat Romania 2-0 in their home stadium today, giving themselves a chance to sneak into the Playoffs. What a difference a manager change makes. A desperate, horrible team turned into an offensive, high octane team with the arrival of Fatih Terim.

Turkey gathered 7 points in 6 games with the old manager, 6 points in 2 games with Terim.
Turkey scored 7 goals in 6 games with the old manager, 7 goals in 2 games with Terim.

Back