Official Football Thread

amXz5zj_460s_v1.jpg

Not sure if David vs. Goliath, or Manchester United vs. Partick Thistle.

So the brilliant manager of the Serbian national football team finally decided to summon Nemanja Matić and Adem Ljajić for our next game. Too bad we're almost eliminated from the qualifications :puke:

So the brilliant manager of the Serbian national football team finally decided to summon Nemanja Matić and Adem Ljajić for our next game. Too bad we're almost eliminated from the qualifications :puke:

I really don't get how Serbia performs badly with a defensive lineup like that. Subotic, Ivanovic, Kolarov, Vidic, Rajkovic. (Vidic wasn't playing though, I think) Are your offensive players horrible?

To be fair you guys were in a tough group with Belgium and Croatia, but still.

Woo-hoo! Chelsea are on fire! :yey:
Inspired and active. I know it's too early but I have a good feeling about this season.

Mwahahaha+gt+D+_72a9ca36ab7f13b8df0957f749a1a402.jpg

I predict a second place for Chelsea :P But really, they have a great team now, nowadays they only have a handful of players I hate...

I really don't get how Serbia performs badly with a defensive lineup like that. Subotic, Ivanovic, Kolarov, Vidic, Rajkovic. (Vidic wasn't playing though, I think) Are your offensive players horrible?

Subotić doesn't play much, Mihajlović isn't a fan it seems. Kolarov doesn't play much in City and makes mistakes often. Vidić's retired, Rajković was suspended from his club for a while. You forgot to mention Nastasić, who might be our second best central back at the moment (after Vidić).

I think we could've done much better if we had a coach who fielded the best possible team instead of experimenting with some inexperienced guys who warm the bench in teams struggling not to get relegated.

Something like this would be awesome:

Brkić (Udinese)
Ivanović (Chelsea)...Vidić (Manchester United)...Nastasić (Manchester City)...Kolarov (Manchester City)
Matić (Benfica).....Milivojević (Anderlecht)
Sulejmani (Benfica).....Đuričić (Benfica).....Tadić (Twente)
Marković (Benfica)​

And there's also Ljajić (Fiorentina) that can be rotated with Marković.

Woohoo, football is back!

Edit: And Messi scores his first goal of the season within 12 minutes of first Liga game.

The only team I hate is Fenerbahçe, our rivals. Now, if you ask for the teams I dislike, there are several ones. I strongly dislike Manchester United and Barcelona. I mildly dislike Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Real Madrid, Milan, Internazionale, Roma, Lazio, Schalke 04, Olympique Marseille, Olympique Lyonnais and some other Turkish teams you won't care about.

Fenerbahçe blew a 2-0 half time lead and lost 3-2 to a weak opponent to start the season. They were basically getting dominated the whole second half. 'Nuff said.

The only team I hate is Fenerbahçe, our rivals. Now, if you ask for the teams I dislike, there are several ones. I strongly dislike Manchester United and Barcelona. I mildly dislike Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Real Madrid, Milan, Internazionale, Roma, Lazio, Schalke 04, Olympique Marseille, Olympique Lyonnais and some other Turkish teams you won't care about.
I love Inter, Barcelona,&Marseille. Of course my love for Arsenal is one and only. But since I watch so many leagues I have favourite teams in each league
English-Arsenal
Spanish-Barcelona
German-Dortmund(this was before they had Lewondowski before they started winning so to see these last 3 years of success was amazing)
Italian-Inter
Argentine-River Plate
Brazilian-Botafogo
American-NY Red Bulls
Dutch-Ajax
Portuguese- Benfica
French-Marseille
Now for teams I dislike-Man city, Chelsea, Mardid, Zaragoza, Bilbao, Napoli, Milan, Bayer Leverkusen, Schalke 04, Chivas, Chivas USA, Sporting Lisbon
and Hate-Man U&Lazio. It's to the point that when I see Van Persie with Man U, I have to control myself to no spit at the tv.

I told you Fenerbahçe didn't stand a chance against Arsenal, no matter how bad Arsenal looked thus far. Fenerbahçe are off to a horrible start. A comfortable 3-0 win in İstanbul for the Gunners.

I saw Fenerbahce's line up and it shouldn't being playing this bad. Is it the coach or the system? Because their roster is good enough to win the Turkish league so what gives?

I saw Fenerbahce's line up and it shouldn't being playing this bad. Is it the coach or the system? Because their roster is good enough to win the Turkish league so what gives?

It's not good enough, Galatasaray are the back to back champions for last two years. Coach is new and the system is horrific.

Wow. Celtic just got through to the group stages Hollywood style. Anthony Stokes went past two players in the penalty area before his cut-back was smashed in by James Forrest, who had been limping a couple of minutes earlier after a shocking tackle by one of the other team's players.

Back