Official Football Thread

I just tuned into something really, really ridiculous. Vålerenga, a club in the Norwegian premier division, have had their league match this weekend postponed in order to play a friendly against Barcelona. Neither team seems to be really arsed, the Catalans are 6-0 up after one hour, Lionel Messi was subbed at half time.

And now, after one hour, Vålerenga sub no less than six players. What's the point in playing such a match? Money? It isn't even sold out, and I assume that Barcelona ask a significant amount to come to Oslo and play the match.

I'm back in the league, here's the team assembled for the first week:

Simon Mignolet
Leighton Baines
Branislav Ivanovic
Winston Reid
Kyle Walker
Robert Snodgrass
Eden Hazard
Gareth Bale
Arouna Kone
Rickie Lambert
Romelu Lukaku

Two weeks until the boring Premier League begins. Our fantasy football league will make it more interesting. Let's try to get at least 10 teams this year.

Roll up! Roll up!

They'd be crazy not to. For that much money they could buy 4-5-6 world class players and compete for the title. Bale is great, but really, paying more than 60m for him would be insane. Cavani and Falcao costed that much and they had at least 3 amazing seasons behind them, whereas Bale has just one.

Even though Monaco spent money of Falcao. PSG will dominate them. Thank God I get French soccer in my cable before I had to go online to see Marseille games. I watch the English, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Brazilian, Argentine, French and trailing behind but still watch from time to time American leagues.

I only really watch Champions League, AC Milan matches and Premier League. Some German and Spanish derbies and that's it.

Btw:
Gareth Bale - 22 goals, 5 assists. = £85m
Theo Walcott - 21 goals, 15 assists = £15m

I prefer Red Star. I hate Partizan. But watching Red Star is really painful in the past few years, Partizan won last 5 or 6 seasons -.- Serbian football league is really terrible, I can't watch it anymore.
So AC Milan is my favorite club :D

I only really watch Champions League, AC Milan matches and Premier League. Some German and Spanish derbies and that's it.

Btw:
Gareth Bale - 22 goals, 5 assists. = £85m
Theo Walcott - 21 goals, 15 assists = £15m

Statistics don't tell the whole story and I say this as an Arsenal fan. Arsenal plays an up tempo game where counter attacks are a must. Theo Walcott is the fastest player on the team and most of the time plays as a striker because of lack of finishing that comes from our actual strikers, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud. Whereas Tottenham is much more under control despite their fast players, Gareth Bale most of the time is the opening key in their games. Without Bale they struggle.

Of course, I wouldn't pay Bale more than 40 million euros but Walcott tends to disappear in many games therefore the comparison doesn't make much of a sense.

Dr. Eddies Wingman, if you're around would you be able to offer an explanation as to why Rosenborg are shit now and managed to get knocked out of the UEFA Cup by St. Johnstone?

Man, I love watching Wesley Sneijder and Didier Drogba doing their thing in Galatasaray uniforms. Today we beat Arsenal 2-1 and won the Emirates Cup, their display was sheer quality. Especially the second goal where Sneijder made a fantastic assist Drogba scored with a great first touch.

O Flash. I did not want to know the score of that game. I was watching the whole game on Arsenal player free after. No i do not support Arsenal. I just got told about the freeview. Like i said on a previous post i am a Bolton fan.

O Flash. I did not want to know the score of that game. I was watching the whole game on Arsenal player free after. No i do not support Arsenal. I just got told about the freeview. Like i said on a previous post i am a Bolton fan.

Sorry about that man. :(

Back