Official Football Thread

Liverpool tearing City a new one.

De Rossi with a magnificent strike on his own goal.

Interesting matches.

Absolutely magnificent performance by Liverpool so far, let's hope it doesn't end up with a score like 4-3, we need to keep as big an advantage as possible for the second leg.

Liverpool is a dangerous team. They could be special next season if they make the right moves in the summer.

They have a deal in place for Naby Keita. He's a box-to-box midfielder, but wins a lot of balls. If they keep Emre Can they should be good even without a proper defensive midfielder.

They desperately need a goalkeeper, outside of that they seem to be in a good place. Getting another centre-back next to Van Dijk would be good, too. Lovren & Matip aren't very dependable.

So, out of the 17 goals scored in CL by Barca so far this season, Messi leads the way with 6 strikes, while new star Mr. Own Goal follows closely with 5.

:p
Exactly.

:D

Own Goal. Better than Suarez. Some say that Nasser Al-Khalefi is prepared to pay 300 million Euros, to transfer Own Goal to P$G.

Exactly.

:D

Own Goal. Better than Suarez. Some say that Nasser Al-Khalefi is prepared to pay 300 million Euros, to transfer Own Goal to P$G.

And after a long transfersaga, rumours begin circulating that Own Goal is unhappy with the conditions in France, linking him with a return to Spanish football. Florentino Perez is said to be monitoring the situation closely...

I was sceptical when he was hired. I was even more sceptical after the first few games. But once we entered 2018, he turned it completely around.

We lost to Juve and Arsenal which is understandable, they have way more depth and experience. Drew to Lazio in the Coppa twice but went through after penalties. and Lazio has the best attack in Italy. Drew to Udinese due to getting an early red card. And drew to Inter the other day. BUT... won like 10 other games.

Progressed to the Coppa final. Beat Ludogorets in EL. In the league, won 8 games so far in the 2nd part of the season, with 8 games left. In comparison, under Montella last season, we won 8 games in the whole 2nd part of the season. Another comparison: in the 1st part of the season, under Montella, lost to Lazio, Sampdoria, Roma and Inter. Under Gattuso, beat Lazio, Sampdoria and Roma, and drew to Inter, and conceded 1 goal in those 4 games.

Gattuso has shown he can motivate the team, he sorted the defence out and made useful substitutions in most games. As I said, only really didn't win the big games against superior teams, but wiped out the shitty ones, which has been Milan's problem for a long time. Team shows up vs. Juve and Inter, then draws with Benevento and Crotone. But now that's mostly been fixed. The only gripe with Gattuso is constant playing of useless giraffe Kalinic. Gattuso also doesn't overhype himself or his players and genuinely cares about the club and will admit he's wrong and change tactics.

I think he'll do even better next season with reinforcements. But obviously it can all go very wrong just as easily. I'm way more optimistic about him than Montella though. Montella finished the last season with 2 victories in last 8 games, it's a miracle the team still went through to the EL.

And Manchester City are on their way to winning the league against Manchester United. How poetic. The battle of the frauds.

EDIT: now it's 2-2, so perhaps not. :lol:

Last edited:
Back