Official Football Thread

Macedonian Maffia !

I've seen some vids and I like how his bodyguards are sensing that he's gonna do it. Not just following him to guard him from others, rather trying to stop this foolishness.

Un-fuckin-real. Total shitehawks. Jose and Pogba to PSG to fuck. Disgrace to the club. The rest of the English top 6 would have put 6 past that team.

Başakşehir faced Sevilla at the qualifying rounds and did a much better job against them than United did. Shocking display on both legs.

Gonna try a different approach for Thursday:

Arsenal is totally eliminating Milan, they are a way better team and Wenger is a better coach. They are totally, absolutely going to the next round and there is no way they will bottle it at all. At all.

:p

There is only one English team that can win CL this year. City.

Otherwise it'll be Bayern, Real or Barcelona.
The only team that went all-out attack against City this season was Liverpool and they won. City would definitely hog possession against Real, but very interested to see how they would deal with Bayern and Barcelona who wouldn't let them do it.

It's not a given that Bayern or Barcelona wins the battle in midfield. I actually think Bayern would let City dominate possession and try to attack them on the counter. That's how Heynckes destroyed Barcelona the last time around.

Also, Barcelona is not so possesion based as it used to be. Yes, Valverde still likes to keep the ball, but not to extremes like Pep did. He is also quite pragmatic, especially when it comes to away games. It would be interesting what happens in the Barca-City game, if it comes to it.

Real coming against a Spanish club doesn't matter. They are a different team in the Champions League. The plastic one wakes up and is a scoring machine + their midfield is doing wonders.

If Real come up against Barcelona or Sevilla then they'll definitely lose. They've been shit against Spanish teams this season.

They did beat Sevilla 5-0 just before Christmas though. La Liga is gone for sure due to embarassing performances against some of the teams, but as Matic said, in CL they're a different beast. It's their only chance of winning a major trophy this season now, so I won't count them out against anyone, not even City.

They did beat Sevilla 5-0 just before Christmas though. La Liga is gone for sure due to embarassing performances against some of the teams, but as Matic said, in CL they're a different beast. It's their only chance of winning a major trophy this season now, so I won't count them out against anyone, not even City.

I actually think that the only team that has more chances than 50% against Madrid to advance is Barcelona (if they advance tonight). And that's only because Santiago Bernabeu is where Messi catches fire every time.

I actually think that the only team that has more chances than 50% against Madrid to advance is Barcelona (if they advance tonight). And that's only because Santiago Bernabeu is where Messi catches fire every time.

I'm not disagreeing, also because Real and Barca know each other so well that it's impossible to call - El Clasico has a life of its own, where the teams' form rarely matters.

Back