Official Football Thread

I wouldn't like being Marouane Fellaini tonight. He did a stupid thing, but the headbutt wasn't intentional; it only came off that way because they leaned into each other's faces at the same time and Fellaini is taller and has a reputation + Agüero fell. Solid result btw.

It reminded me of Nani vs Neill some years back, except Fella didn't go down.

City got one yellow. One!

United's pressing was good for 25 minutes, then shit. We were forced to park the bus. I feel that with Pogba out and Mkh in attack, there was very little speed in central midfield. And once City managed to isolate Rashford (and were allowed to kick him out of the game) United had nothing to offer.

Frustrating game, but one point at the Jihad stadium is OK.

Fuck off Atkinson.
mr-bean-angry-face-wallpaper-4.jpg

No offense to Brigs, but it was long overdue. So many seasons in the relegation zone and they continued to make "save the day" moves year after year.

Heh, I got used to losing a long time ago, when I was paying for the privilege of watching dismal quality play in a dismal ground. Hopefully it'll mean some real change behind the scenes, but I'm still concerned that this is a club that doesn't easily attract money, and a limited supply of fans could decide it's not worth their time and money. Sunderland have a much more restricted fan catchment area than Newcastle by comparison.

I think Top 4 is gone for Man Utd. While point-wise it's close between them, Liverpool and Man City, and even Arsenal, Man Utd has by far the toughest schedule till the end + Europa League games.

Man Utd got Tottenham, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Southampton
Liverpool got Watford, Southampton, West Ham and Middlesbrough.
Man City got West Brom, Crystal Palace, Leicester and Watford.
Arsenal got Southampton, Sunderland, Tottenham, Man Utd, Stoke and Everton.

PSG bottling the title lel

Lost to Nice (Balotelli scored :p) and ended the match with 9 men due to a Motta headbutt and Di Maria horror tackle.

To be fair, it's not like Nice is some random team. They're right behind PSG.

Monaco deserve the title, so glad PSG lost even though they have my current favorite player on their squad.

Nice isn't random of course, they are a great team, but PSG should really be beating them considering how much cash they spent on their team. Nice's record transfer fee is 8 million euros for Loïc Rémy 9 years ago.

Aaaand here we go again, Real with the 1-0 goal seconds after they should've been flagged offside.

Or can the referee let the offside go unpunished when the offside-placed player does not obstruct the defender from clearing the ball? I tend to think not; the offside-placed attacker forces the clearance and the offside must be called.

Edit: Saw the replay a couple more times. You can argue Ronaldo wasn't very involved in the situation - the defender was going to clear the ball anyway and Ronaldo wasn't in physical contact with him (or in his line of sight). I'll give the ref that one.

Last edited:
Back