Official Football Thread

PSV - Ajax: 1-0!

I guess Ajax were still tired from their Schalke match. Well done PSV, giving everything they had while their season is lost already.

Good news for Feyenoord of course. Two rounds to go, 4 points ahead of Ajax.

C-HZUX5W0AA_tnV.jpg

Might be a bit exaggerated that their records will never be broken but it's surely gonna be a long time before they are. Will also be very interesting as to who will be the first player since Kaká to win Ballon d'Or that's not Messi or Ronaldo.

About the last point on there, yeah no, I'll probably tell my grandchildren that Messi was far better than Ronaldo.

And your grandchildren will yawn, like you do when somebody goes on about how none of these modern players are as good as Pelé or George Best. ;)

In parallel with El Clasico, I have the option of watching a game between two mid-table Norwegian teams. So ... top-class footballers who roll around and behave like spoilt children when they don't get free kicks? Or mediocre footballers who roll around less, but complain equally much? :D

Within three days the new Dutch coach is probably known. There are two candidates.
Dick Advocaat (69), who had been head coach with Oranje for a few times already. And lots of club coach experience of course. Now he's doing Fenerbahçe. The other is Henk ten Cate (62) who has a lot of experience as club coach, and also assistent club coach during a successful time with Barca, when Rijkaard was coach. Now he's with Al Jazira. Three players are not too enthousiastic about a possible Advocaat return: Sneijder, Robben, Strootman. Great, I rather see Advocaat, I like him. Strootman plays crap since he recovered from his long injury period, so I don't care about his opinion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Advocaat
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henk_ten_Cate

Last edited:
I just realised that while Chelsea are playing a super important FA Cup final against Arsenal, I have to watch Iron Maiden live somewhere in London. :eek: FML

I just realised that while Chelsea are playing a super important FA Cup final against Arsenal, I have to watch Iron Maiden live somewhere in London. :eek: FML

Would you have been in London at the time if it were not for Maiden? If not, then you should rather look on the bright side: If Chelsea win, you' will meet happy Blues in the city the next day. If they lose, at least you have Maiden to look forward to.

Undecided as to who I want to win it.

If Chelsea wins, we get major Arsenal fan meltdown and epic installments of Arsenal FanTV. Wenger might get fired though, and they could get someone good.

If Arsenal wins, they beat that bastard Conte. Wenger gets an extension, or maybe decides to leave on a high note...

So tricky. Leaning towards Chelsea tbh.

I pointed this out months ago. It's OK though, because the match starts at 5:30 so we'll be able to catch a bit of it.

Ten Cate said no. He says he is not supported by the whole KNVB (Royal Dutch Football Association).

If Advocaat will do it, it will be his sixth function in Oranje!

1984-1987: assistent coach Rinus Michels
1990-1992: assistent coach Rinus Michels
1992-1994: coach
2002-2004: coach
2016: assistent coach Danny Blind

How was Agüero not even booked, yet Fellaini gets a straight red? Fuck off Atkinson.

And finally, in the 90th minute, City's constant dirty play against Rashford gets punished.

Back