Official Football Thread

I know that, but I'm talking about the public perception. RB Leipzig controversy is pretty big in German football cycles.

Getting back at this, I think the people who criticise Leipzig's rise are being self-righteous to the extreme. Not only are there several other clubs that owe their professional existence to big companies (Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim), but for the past twenty years, every other attempt at establishing a successful Eastern German team in the Bundesliga failed. Cottbus and Rostock aren't exactly relevant competitors compared to the established West German teams. And this season, RB Leipzig is the only East German team in the First Bundesliga.

People whine and complain about how the Eastern German stadiums are full of Nazis and hooligans, and how this is a disgrace to football, but nobody has offered a viable solution to change this. So a commercial investor comes to take East German football out of the blurry twilight in which such scum breeds, and all people do is complain about the background of the investor. Hey, here's news for you: All previous attempts at establishing Leipzig, the tenth-biggest city in Germany and the tenth-biggest metropolitan region in Germany, in the most popular sports league of the country failed. If you'd be serious about it, you would do more to support clubs like Lokomotive Leipzig or Dynamo Dresden. But it's easier to whine than to get your arses up.

Hope Chelsea wins today. Though I gotta give props to Guardiola for going with a suicidal 3-2-5 in the Premier League.

May this end in a draw please, and Liverpool drop points vs Bournemouth.

Not only does it give Man Utd a chance to make the league title a bit less impossible, but I'd also prefer Arsenal as winners over any of the current top 3.

May this end in a draw please, and Liverpool drop points vs Bournemouth.

Not only does it give Man Utd a chance to make the league title a bit less impossible, but I'd also prefer Arsenal as winners over any of the current top 3.
Nah, it's better if Chelsea continues winning just to keep Liverpool off the top. Much safer to count on them than City (playing in Europe) and Arsenal (bottlers).

Saturday's match wasn't the first time Agüero tried to destroy David Luiz, apparently.

Fair to say he dislikes David Luiz?

The one on Saturday was nasty as well. I thought it was merely a miss-timed challenge while watching the game, but the replay shows that Agüero looks up to see David Luiz and then goes for a harsh tackle.

Got suspended for 4 matches, btw.

Beşiktaş got fisted by a lousy penalty+red card call by the ref. Shame. They completely collapsed after the call. Down 4-0 at the half in a match that could advance them to the 2nd round.

Edit: Ended 6-0. First loss of the season for Beşiktaş in all competitions. And what a loss it is.

Last edited:
Back