Official Football Thread

Now that two Premier League clubs have met, it has been years since I've seen some interest for the Europa League out here.

Great result for all the Liverpool haters. *mu ha ha ha*

Foro always supports the underdogs :p

In other news, Rafa Benitez takes over at Newcastle. Imagine starting the season coaching Ramos, Kroos and Ronaldo and finishing the season coaching Dummett, Shelvey and Townsend :D

Let's hope Hertha will win tonight, secure third spot and most importantly, humiliate Schalke.

A spectator died in the stadium during the Dortmund game today. The news broke during the game, and the entire stadium fell silent. In the end, everyone sang 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.

Fair play to the Dortmund crowd.

On a side note, wonder how often that happens - after all, there are thousands of games around the world every day, and heart attacks etc. are more likely to happen when emotions are running high - as they often do at football matches.

I've attended a total of 8 total matches in my lifetime (last being in 2007) and in almost all of them I saw someone being carried to a hospital with an ambulance.

Anyone heard Stan Kroenke (Arsenal majority shareholder)'s remarks lately? The guy flat out came out and said "I'm not interested in winning." Well I'll be damned.

Tonight, the fat Spanish waiter just got served :D After less than half a game, he's already received his first "sacked in the morning" chant.

Hope Newcastle gets relegated and Sunderland survives. Big Sam > Fat Spanish Waiter.

Norwich and Aston Villa are a lock for relegation IMO.

Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful. Fuck these guys. I hope PSV gets ripped to shreds by Atletico tonight.

Both PSV and Atletico with blatant dives within a minute. The ref fails to book either player, yet gets lauded by the commentator for not giving a free kick in either situation ... so that's what we've come to. Not getting the free kick is considered punishment enough ...

Back