Official Football Thread

Man City 2-1 up at half time. But noone in Liverpool can say that the Blues are rolling over to avoid a title for their neighbours. It is just two good teams playing each other, with one of them taking their chances well.

3-1 City. The Everton defense seem to have forgot that the 2nd half is underway.

... and now Pellegrini is giving Mourinho competition in the bus business :D

Last edited:
City's win means Arsenal have won another trophy! Barclay's Premier League 4th Place Trophy winners. Congratulations!

This happening within one week from St. Totteringhams Day means this must be a splendid week for all Arsenal fans. Add to it any schadenfreude from Man United doing badly and there's probably dancing in the streets around the Emirates Stadium tonight.

As a Arsenal Gooner I'll take that 4th place with an FA Cup trophy.
And next year 3rd place finish, knocked out in the semi finals of the Champions League and another FA Cup trophy

I don't take 3rd place as a good result for next year. If Liverpool contend for a title this year, so should Arsenal. We need to splash it big time in the transfer market.

Atlético lost the game. They now have 88 points at 36 games, Barcelona have 85 points at 36 games, Real have 82 points at 34 games. That means if the teams win the rest of their games and Barça beat Atlético at their home, three teams might finish with the same amount of points.

I don't think anyone in Madrid wants to win the league this season. The Champions League Final will be such a Gerrard-fest at this rate. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone in Madrid wants to win the league this season. The Champions League Final will be such a Gerrard-fest at this rate. :rolleyes:

These two matches actually brought back Barcelona to the title race. They're trailing Atlético by three points and they'll go ahead if they beat them. However, if Barça does win against Atlético, Real winning all of their games would put Real ahead of Barça by one point. Crazy ending.

Edit: Since Real won the Copa del Rey this season, they have a pretty good chance at completing a treble right now.

Last edited:
Sunderland's win was very welcome, but for some reason not entirely unexpected. They play better when they need to survive - just wish they played consistently.

Back