Official Football Thread

Idiots at Milan want to sack Seedorf because he wants to buy players that suit his formation and doesn't want Galliani (CEO) to choose which players are bought. And Galliani is a cheapskate who for years buys one player per transfer market; the rest are all loans/co-ownerships/swaps. He defended that fucker Allegri for 2 years through numerous embarassing results because Allegri never asked for reinforcements and just did whatever Galliani told him to. Seedorf stood up for himself and will now get the sack :censored:

There's enough talented players to choose from, but overpaid old players like Essien, Mexes and Matri take up their spots.

So i'm watching the game comfortably, and this Bayern is like a colander.
I cannot say i'm surprised.

Unless there's some kind of miracle, i know of one team that will be in Lisbon.

Tough break for Bayern. It's obvious that they didn't even think about what they'd do if they conceded. They started off very well but a set piece goal ended their superiority, another one finished the deal. Quite shocking how vulnerable they looked, especially defensively.

I want a Mourinho vs Real with Mourinho winning, though i don't like Chelsea that much... :D

another one lol

Good job Guardiola, you ruined the team.

Quite funny stuff, Bayern ended Barça's reign by humiliating them and now their reign is ended by a humiliation by Real. :D

Tough break for Bayern. It's obvious that they didn't even think about what they'd do if they conceded. They started off very well but a set piece goal ended their superiority, another one finished the deal. Quite shocking how vulnerable they looked, especially defensively.

The same struck me. Bayern didn't seem prepared to defend at all. It seemed like they hadn't thought of the possibility of RM trying to score - or maybe Guardiola thought his possession-oriented football would be sufficient to keep them from it?

@Perun - plenty of Schadenfreude in Berlin tonight? I take it Bayern are not super popular around there.

And WTF are they playing You'll Never Walk Alone in München? Is it addressed to all those who were leaving early?

Another fun fact, Sergio Ramos, who became a laughing stock for missing the crucial penalty against Bayern at Allianz Arena in Semi Finals two years ago, scored two goals that crushed Bayern at their home tonight.

I think Bayern have taken their proverbial foot off the proverbial gas since wrapping up the Bundesliga.

Don't think so. This result is purely caused by preparation mistakes, I think. They didn't expect Real to score and couldn't react. Before the goals from Real, they looked like the dominant Bayern.

Though I do think Pep deserves blame because of his awful decision to play Schweinsteiger and Kroos together without Javi Martinez. The line between defenders and midfielders looked vulnerable and it resulted in a heavy defeat.

Back