Official Football Thread

I'm loving him at the moment :D Couldn't watch the end of the game, just seen the result, FUCK YEAH!

CONGRATULATIONS ARIANA! :D

I actually like tenacity-based team defense football a lot (Atlético for example), but I can't stand all the time wasting and pure parking the bus mentality.

BmPHoVEIcAAzLC_.jpg

Mourinho will probably hand that trophy to Pellegrini when it's all said and done. But you never know, all three sides have a shot.

I saw the last 30 minutes. Liverpool clearly was the better club but simply couldn't beat that 41 year old Australian.

He might not have Drogba, but he has much better wingers and attackers this time round. Eden Hazard, Oscar, Andre Schürrle, Willian are miles ahead of Joe Cole, Damien Duff and Arjen Robben (who wasn't nearly as good as he is now).

Besides, he's not exactly repeating the success, Chelsea conceded only 15 goals, gathered 95 points and became champions with a difference of 12 points in 04-05; gathered 91 points and became champions with a difference of 8 points in 05-06.

In the one but last competition round, Ajax wins the Dutch title, for the fourth time in a row: a first in the history of the club.
Feyenoord 2nd.

This season's Premiership title can again come down to goal difference ... Liverpool perhaps have a slightly easier run-in now, as Crystal Palace and Newcastle have nothing to play for. Everton can still get 4th (at least in theory) and will give Man City a proper fight. Villa and West Ham will be easier. City play them both at home, and neither team has anything to play for.

Chelsea have two opponents that are in the relegation fight and with everything to play for - but they play Norwich at home, and when they travel to Cardiff the home team might already be down.

I still think Liverpool have the better chance to win it.

Fenerbahce has the Turkish the title. Nice for Dirk Kuijt since it's the first time he (the club he plays for) wins a national league.

Well deserved title for our arch rivals. They were head and shoulders above anyone else this year. They won't be in the Champions League however, because they're banned one more year because of match fixing.

Galatasaray grabbed the 2nd spot from Beşiktaş today, if we manage to hold on, we'll be the ones in the Champions League Group Stage. The team have been playing horrible football and Roberto Mancini is likely to get tossed after the season.

City still has +8 over Liverpool in goal difference. If it comes down to that (both teams winning all their remaining games), City has a big advantage. Only if they win 1:0 each time and Liverpool beats Palace and Newcastle 6:0 each...

I think Liverpool and Chelsea will win the rest of their games. Everton-City is the game that I'm not so sure about, Everton might steal one there. If it has a chance to come down to goal difference in the last week, look for both Liverpool and City trying to blow up against their opponents. They're both capable of producing huge goal margins.

Barca losing 1:0 at HT :nana:

That's what you get when you spend all your money on Neymar and then play defensive midfielders as central backs.

Back