Official Football Thread

As a mark of respect and remembrance for those who lost their lives as a result of the Hillsborough stadium disaster in April 1989, all Premier League, Football League, Football Conference and FA Cup matches taking place on the weekend of 11-14 April will kick off seven minutes later than originally scheduled.

But a draw would massively help Liverpool. I'd take just about any club in the world over Liverpool. Both as a Manchester United and AC Milan fan (2005 CL final :mad:).

But a draw would massively help Liverpool. I'd take just about any club in the world over Liverpool. Both as a Manchester United and AC Milan fan (2005 CL final :mad:).

Milan did get revenge two years later, though. 2005 Final was the greatest CL final of all time, and it was played in Istanbul.

I want Liverpool to be the champs. They obviously have a lot of money but they're going up against City and Chelsea, I always pick the team that does more with less money.

By the way, at the start of the year a member of this forum (can't remember his name but he was a Bolton fan) picked Liverpool to be the champs. We made fun of that prediction, I personally said "Barcelona have a better chance of winning the EPL than Liverpool". Look where we are now. Kudos to the Bolton fan, can't forget to give him credit.

Edit: Found his name, @craigim He hasn't been online since, but still.

Last edited:
Draw please. Still hope Chelsea can nick the title. And that's not because I have any fond feelings for the Blues ...
Why is it then?
Again, any particular reason?
I am trying to imagine what I could have against Liverpool.
Indeed, what's with the Liverpool hate?

Just curious...

Are you seriously asking why Manchester United fans hate Liverpool?

Also, goddamn you City. Useless fucks.

The two most successful clubs in English football. But more importantly, once the Manchester Ship Canal was opened, Liverpool's port lost significant importance, meaning job loss for people in Liverpool. Hence the rivalry.

I also want Liverpool to win. It's nice to see (bigger) giants biting the dust. ;)

Well, that makes no sense. Man City are only giants in one sense - they have a hell of a lot of money.

My main reason for not wanting Liverpool to win it, is that the Liverpool fans I know will gladly rub it in my face for a long time. I don't know a single Man CIty fan in person.

The two most successful clubs in English football. But more importantly, once the Manchester Ship Canal was opened, Liverpool's port lost significant importance, meaning job loss for people in Liverpool. Hence the rivalry.
I understand that's the rivalry between the cities; I just wondered if there was genuinely anything more significant than them both being the two most successful English football teams, in terms of their football rivalry.
My main reason for not wanting Liverpool to win it, is that the Liverpool fans I know will gladly rub it in my face for a long time. I don't know a single Man City fan in person.
Well, that's fair enough.

Funniest championship ever. If both Chelsea and City wins all their games in hand, that would be Pool 77, City 76, Chelsea 75 :p with 12 points to go. Everything still open, imho.

Remember this?

Left: Maxi Lopez (now Catania, ex-Sampdoria) - 29 years old, right: Mauro Icardi (now Inter, ex-Sampdoria) - 2o years old. Both from Argentina.

Older pic of them while Icardi was a kid and Maxi Lopez played in Barcelona (2005 or 2006):

Maxi-Lopez-Mauro-Icardi-Twitter_CLAIMA20131115_0175_24.jpg

Icardi slept with Maxi Lopez's wife and wrote about it on Twitter :p Argentinian John Terry and Wayne Bridge :D

In the meantime, Maxi moved to Sampdoria. Icardi regularly tweets pictures of Maxi's children wearing Icardi's jerseys. Today, Maxi's Sampdoria played against Inter.
Maxi refused the handshake. http://vine.co/v/MJem57hU20W
Later, Icardi scored twice and Maxi missed a penalty. Poor guy.

I understand that's the rivalry between the cities; I just wondered if there was genuinely anything more significant than them both being the two most successful English football teams, in terms of their football rivalry.

Well what else do you need? Rivalry between cities and two top clubs in the country, that's all you can ask for.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask why a Serbian Manchester United fan who has never been to England hates Liverpool. The cultural rivalry between the cities and football clubs probably doesn't make itself felt to international fans.

Back