Official Football Thread

Bale played both games, I think Ramsey missed the second, but not sure. Either way, they don't have any WC players in their team apart from those two and Ashley Williams and Joe Allen are good too I guess.

Well that's surprising, considering that Serbia seemed to be pretty stale in the World Cup qualifying. They didn't look threatening against Scotland in the opening match of the group and I've always felt that if Scotland had actually tried to win that match they could have scored a goal. Serbia were always going to win in Belgrade though as Scotland were playing like shit at the time.

Netherlands, Iceland, Latvia, Kazakhstan for us so far. It's gonna be freezing. :D

And Czech Republic. I like our group.

Last edited:
Portugal, Denmark, Serbia, Albania and Armenia. I'm satisfied. I might even go to the Denmark game just to see his awesomeness Lord Bendtner :D

Here are the groups (with the order I see them being finished)

Group A: Netherlands, Turkey, Iceland, Czech Republic, Latvia, Kazakhstan
Group B: Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Israel, Wales, Cyprus, Andorra
Group C: Spain, Ukraine, Slovakia, Macedonia, Belarus, Luxembourg
Group D: Germany, Poland, Ireland, Scotland, Georgia, Gibraltar
Group E: England, Switzerland, Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, San Marino
Group F: Greece, Romania, Hungary, Northern Ireland, Finland, Faroe Islands
Group G: Russia, Sweden, Montenegro, Austria, Moldova, Liechtenstein
Group H: Italy, Croatia, Norway, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Malta
Group I: Portugal, Serbia, Denmark, Armenia, Albania

Not the most exciting draw. :yawn: Serbia vs. Albania is probably the most controversial pairing.

Group F is awful: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary.

England have an east group as usual. The battle for second in Group A between Turkey and Czech Republic will be close.

Scotland's group could have been worse: Germany, Republic of Ireland, Poland, Georgia, Gibraltar. Decent chance of second if they continue the form they've had since Gordon Strachan took over. Also means Scotland will have a chance to play against Judas scum Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy. :censored:

The battle for second in Group A between Turkey and Czech Republic will be close.

Don't think so. I think we'll battle it out with Iceland. Iceland are on the rise with players like Sigþorsson, Finnbogason, Sigurdsson, Bjarnason. Czech Republic are falling apart. Apart from Petr Cech, an old Tomas Rosicky and Vaclav Kadlec, they're nothing to write home about.

Hm, did I mishear it? I thought we got Armenia from pot 4. That makes it tougher than I thought. May be close between Bulgaria and Norway for 3rd ...

I hate Bilbao because they don't let players outside the basque region of Spain play for them. It has a fascist feel to me. And I know they don't have money neither does Real Betis who they played today aren't generating cash either but they have players born outside of Sevilla, outside of Spain. You only need money to sign big time players but you can still sign a guy from Africa, Asia or the Americas on the cheap. Same thing with Chivas from the Mexican league only players born in Mexico I hate that shit.

The club is a symbol of the call for Basque independence. Don't think there's anything fascist about that. They're not saying "Basque players are better than everyone else". They're just in it for a stance.

Back