Official Football Thread

I don't have any feelings for Stuttgart, but Hertha is playing them tomorrow. As for Spain.... Bilbao is actually the only team I like. :(

Athletic Bilbao is a great team. They're limited from an economic standpoint, rely heavily on their academy and only acquire players from their area yet managed to stay in the top tier for 83 years now (sharing the lead with Barça and Real) I like their current team a lot.

The draw for Euro 2016 qualifying is tomorrow. You can find the seedings here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26207723

It's actually possible for a group with England, Republic of Ireland, Scotland/Wales, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar plus anyone from Pot 3. Gibraltar are actually keen on getting England but they'll probably be disappointed and get Scotland.

Here are some other groups that could happen which I'd like to see:

Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia/Slovenia, Montenegro, Albania/Macedonia and anyone from Pot 6.

Greece, Ukraine, Turkey, Armenia, Cyprus and anyone from Pot 6.

My ideal group for Scotland, who are in Pot 4, would be Greece, Hungary, Norway, Moldova and Malta. However, knowing Scotland's luck we'll probably end up with Spain, Belgium, Turkey, and Macedonia (everyone in Pot 6 sucks).

Greece, Ukraine, Turkey, Armenia, Cyprus and anyone from Pot 6.

We were in the same group with Greece and Ukraine in the World Cup 2006 qualifiers, we also matched up with Armenia in Euro 2012 qualifiers. Games with Armenia went very peacefully (actually both federations won a Fair Play Award for it), can't say the same about Greece, though.

I'd like Greece, Czech Republic, Belarus, Azerbaijan and anyone from Pot 6. Probably the easiest group possible.

OpulentDeliciousIrukandjijellyfish.gif

Games with Armenia went very peacefully (actually both federations won a Fair Play Award for it)
Oh, that's nice. How about games between Turkey and Israel then? I know that Turkey isn't the most, er, Jihadist Muslim country but considering that most of the population are Muslims I suspect there could be some tension in matches against Israel?

I don't think we have played Israel yet. Though club teams have faced Israeli clubs and they all went normally.

I'd like these (to be in a group with Serbia): Greece or Russia, Hungary, Romania, Wales, Northern Ireland, Gibraltar

I'd like these (to be in a group with Serbia): Greece or Russia, Hungary, Romania, Wales, Northern Ireland, Gibraltar
You'd be ok with Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey? (if they're both fit, which I admit is extremely unlikely)

I have no interest in watching the draw. These UEFA draws are ridiculously pretentious.

Back