Predictions for tonight's game:

Regular time:
Barcelona wins 2:0 or Manchester wins 1:0

Extra time:
Manchester wins

Penalties:
Manchester wins

Hehe.

Too bad he didn't start earlier at United. I think he regards that as the only "stain" on his career, if there ever was one. He should have started earlier, I think he said it literally in a recent interview.

Someone just got a free football lesson. In front of 100.000 people  :D

I had three bets on the match last night:

David Villa, first goalscorer --> he did score, but not first
B 2-0 M, correct score --> correct winning margin, wrong score
Pedro first goalscorer, 2-1 correct score --> correct first goalscorer, one goal out on the result

That last one especially would have made me a tidy packet. Brilliant match anyway.

Yeah, it was a very good match. Not only from a perspective of a die-hard Barca supporter. It would be even better if ManU managed to get angry and play agressive after 2-1, like they did after 3-1.
It seemed too easy for Barca in 2nd half. Thought it's going to be different - after an initial 10 minute pressure for ManU, Barca dominated and scored, but ManU showed they can use any Barca mistake they can get, and evened to 1-1.

Good referee, too. A rather fair game, but good referee. Didn't whistle hand ball against ManU for penalty, because the hand was aligned towards the body, and didn't whistle same thing against Barca. Consistent.

Nice fact about Messi - this is his third European champions title, and the guy is 23 years old!

Forostar said:
That was a disappointing performance by Man U. Barcelona was supreme though.
I'm not so sure Man U could of played any better. Perhaps a little, but if they kept that pressure up like they did in the first 10 minutes, it might of been more even.
And I agree with Zare about the ref. He was good and fair. Kept the cards in his pocket when a lot of refs may have actually booked Valencia twice to end his game.

I don't think a match is very good when it's not exciting. In other words, Barca was way better, thus I didn't feel it was a very good match.

It was, in the beginning. The first 15 minutes were great. MU went on high pressure, but the problem was they didn't score any goal in the first quarter. Even so, the much better side of Barcelona won logically.

Barcelona will play a friendly match against my home team, this summer. It's basically the only option to see football giants here and today, because my home team sucks nowadays.
Last big team i've seen at this ground were Ajax, Champions League quarterfinals in 1995, who went to claim the title in the end.

In any case, Barcelona has proven that they're simply the best football team in the world right now. Big difference between Rijkaard's Barcelona and Guardiola's Barcelona is that latter one bites when they don't have ball in possession. They had very good defense when they picked up the trophy in 2006, but they lacked that defensive agression element, which a lot of european teams had and used against them. The only thing they lack, to be virtually unbeatable, is the English style blitzkrieg 3-touch counterattack. But that's not realistic, since their gameplay differs in concept. And that's the only way a team can win against them.

Paul Scholes announced his retirement and said he will be a coach in the team next season. Another big star made his departure from the game.

So, will FIFA still be around in 2022 to stage the Qatar World Cup? If these corruption allegations stick, the very least will happen is that Blatter will have to quit along with most of his cronies (some have gone already) - but if sponsorship dries up, well....

Bah. A more or less expected 1-0 defeat against Portugal away, combined with a Danish win at Iceland, means Norway, Portugal and Denmark are all tied on 10 points with three matches to go in Group H. This is going to be a thriller.

On a side note - I will miss Scholes. Maybe my favourite United player.

I would love to see Norway and Denmark going through, so that I can see this again:
ronaldo5_320x450_754347a.jpg

crybabies-ronaldo.jpg

cristiano-ronaldo-crying.jpg

:D

A draw with Belgium, 1-1. Terrible display from Turkey, we were lucky with that result.

Thank you Axel Witsel for sending the ball to Saturn with the penalty kick  :yey:

Night Prowler said:
I would love to see Norway and Denmark going through, so that I can see this again:

:D

Portuguese players crying? Yes, please  :D

Let's say Norway, Portugal and Denmark all win their remaining games against Cyprus and Iceland (Norway have them both at home, so we should definitely do it). Then the following, for example, would see Norway and Denmark through:

Denmark - Norway DRAW
Denmark - Portugal HOME WIN

Of course, I'd rather take a win against Denmark as that would mean we have all chances of winning the group. If we draw we can get a maximum of 17 points, which will probably not be enough to be the best runner-up.

Next matches in group H: Norway-Iceland and Cyprus-Portugal on September 2nd.

Talking of Euro qualifiers, I'm still trying to convince my self that getting a 2-2 draw from being 2-0 down is a good thing. Right? :huh:

Back