Official Football Thread

It's a must win for Chelsea - but even now, the league is still Man U's to loose. Funnily enough, the only thing that has saved Man U's season is their home record. Their away record is really abysmal for Champions elect!

One of the commentators said that if United win the league, it will be with the fewest away wins in the modern era, but the record is still far away: Sheffield Wednesday won the league in 1928/29 with only three away wins in 21 attempts ...

Congrats Nush! And EW, you were right, it will be exciting after all!

But check this out, with one match to go, this upcoming weekend:

1. FC Twente    33 21  8  4  71  64-31
2. Ajax            33 21  7  5  70  69-29

Guess what the last fixture is?
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
  ll
VV
  V

Yes, you're right, it's......

Ajax - FC Twente

Wow, how often does that happen? The no. 1 vs the no. 2 deciding against each other who'll get the title.
Cool final match!

Another lost opportunity for Ronaldo to make it two. Since i hate the chap, i'm happy with it.

Adebayor made some dirty fouls and I have seen a lot of drama from the Barca playes as well, trying to fuck up opponents with undeserved cards. It happened too often and once again showed annoying behaviour of Mediterranean football players.

I hope Barca will loose in the final because

A: I want a more fair play team to win this tournament
B: I want Van der Sar to win his third Champions League
C: I want Van der Sar to win his third Champions League

(If Schalke still beats Man U, that'd be a sensation, and sensations are cool. So if that'd happen then:
D: I want Schalke to win the Champions League)

Forostar said:
:P

I will be satisfied whoever wins from now on, since I hate Real Madrid. I wanted Schalke-Real Madrid in the finals, so that Raul could trash douchebag Mourinho who kicked him out of the club.

Aaargh, I hope Nush didn't see that spelling mistake, because I made one of the most ridiculous ones ever in a pm to him, today.  :)

I too like it that Poor-Niño is OUT of the tournement. Bye bye, pathetic liar.

It happened too often and once again showed annoying behaviour of Mediterranean football players.

Are you questioning our supremacy?  :D

Forostar said:
Adebayor made some dirty fouls and I have seen a lot of drama from the Barca playes as well, trying to fuck up opponents with undeserved cards. It happened too often and once again showed annoying behaviour of Mediterranean football players.

A: I want a more fair play team to win this tournament
B: I want Van der Sar to win his third Champions League
C: I want Van der Sar to win his third Champions League

(If Schalke still beats Man U, that'd be a sensation, and sensations are cool. So if that'd happen then:
D: I want Schalke to win the Champions League)

I hope Barcelona will lose in the final because:

A: I support Manchester Unitd.
B: I want Darren Fletcher to win his first Champions League Final (he missed out on the previous one, remember)
C: I want Ryan Giggs to win his third Champions League
D: I want Van der Sar to win his third Champions League

... and, if everything goes wrong tonight and Schalke go to the final, I hope they'll beat that bunch of actors called FC Barcelona. So much skill, so little class.

Let's hope so Albie.

The final will be Van der Sar's 100th CL match, and he'll be the oldest player to have ever reached the final.
Now, I hope he will be fit because Huntelaar hit his shoulder. :/

Albie said:
It's a one off game at Wembley, so I think Man U may just do it.

Well, if you look at both 2008 and 2009, United came out better when it was a two-legged tie than in a one-off game ... but the approach to the 2009 final was a bit naive, and "we" were punished for it.

I read on a Norwegian footy forum that the tickets for the final are already going in excess of £ 1000 ... as if they were not expensive enough at face value. And this is before the clubs have received their ticket quotas - the tickets that are traded are those who were distributed by UEFA themselves.

And I'm going to be in fucking Greece for a conference in the final weekend. I just hope I can find somewhere to watch the match ...

Should be possible, no worries! Especially if you're in an area with tourists, but I assume the Greek will watch as well.

Yes, the conference hotel is part of a larger resort, I guess I'll not be the only one there interested in watching  :D After all, United and Barcelona are two of the biggest clubs in Europe.

The place is to the south of Thessaloniki, in what used to be the ancient land of Macedonia :ninja:

Back