Official Football Thread

The problem with the Suarez card - if you will forgive my seeming innocence of football - is not so much that he did it (we have seen several similar incidents) but, when it happened. Gyan received the penalty kick and missed, and normally the team would have some time 11 on 10 to make up for the miss. In this case, that time was denied them. The only additional punishment was the denial of the use of Suarez for the penalties.

Messi, I don't know anything about him, but I do not care for him. He seems like a big cock. Klose is having a great game. Had a great game, as it is now over. The Germans are evolving as the side to beat, it seems.

Excuse me friends on this board who doesn't understand Brasilian Portuguese, but let get it off my chest:

CHUPA, MARADONA!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

Germany: Amazing team which packed the best qualities from different football schools into one. I think it's almost impossible Germany not winning this cup.

LooseCannon said:
The problem with the Suarez card - if you will forgive my seeming innocence of football - is not so much that he did it (we have seen several similar incidents) but, when it happened. Gyan received the penalty kick and missed, and normally the team would have some time 11 on 10 to make up for the miss. In this case, that time was denied them. The only additional punishment was the denial of the use of Suarez for the penalties.

Nothing to do about this without starting to complicate the rules. Besides, the red card is not meant to be a reward for the team that were cheated against. It is a punishment for the player - how it affects the other team has never been the priority when it comes to red cards. The other team gets the penalty - that's their compensation for being cheated against. Also; If one was to take into account the remaining time of the match when deciding upon further punishment (in addition to penalty + red card) - where to draw the line? Ten minutes remaining? Fifteen minutes? Being one man up is not as clear an advantage in football as it is in ice hockey.

LooseCannon said:
Messi, I don't know anything about him, but I do not care for him. He seems like a big cock. Klose is having a great game. Had a great game, as it is now over. The Germans are evolving as the side to beat, it seems.

Messi is definitely not thie biggest cock on that team. Tevez, Mascherano, Heinze and Di Maria all showed more unsympathetic crap today. Di Maria's hand-waving signalizing a card for Müller was shameful. Heinze is just dirty, and Tevez and Mascherano were constantly complaining, even when they were lucky to escape yellow cards. Messi is perhaps a bit egoistic, that's about it.

I don't like Germany, their heartless, technique-less football makes me puke.
However, this is totally different Germany, totally different style, and they deserved this score.

Holland were far too lucky to get in the semifinals, therefore i want their ass kicked by Uruguay, but somehow i don't think that's going to happen. 

Ok I'm happy. Our defeat from Germany doesn't leave me at last the bitter taste of Netherlands -Brazil.
It was the best Germany I've ever seen.
Conclusions :

1) Latin teams have to improve their defence, talent is not enough.
2) Have to improve their temperament, they should be more cold blooded.
3) The above two is why I loved so much 1994's Brazil.

This was Germany. The essence of what we believe about this team. 4-1 to England, 4-0 to Argentina, this can not be a circumstance...

I'm amazed by the way they played as a team. On the other side, Argentina played an old fashioned football, which is a pity for such a talented team

Germans, good luck with Spain  :devil2:  

I believe in her, but what the fuck, if Spain can not beat Paraguay, where are we going to  -_-

article-1290583-0A2FD6C7000005DC-614_634x469.jpg

Zare said:
Holland were far too lucky to get in the semifinals, therefore i want their ass kicked by Uruguay, but somehow i don't think that's going to happen. 

As long as Ze Germans don't get it I'm happy  :)

#1 choice : Uruguay
#2 : Paraguay
#3 : Spain
#4 : Netherlands

There is no no5  -_-

Jeffmetal said:
Check the rest of the package -

370-larissa-riquelme.JPG

There's no way not supporting Paraguay!!! :wub:

I want her now. NOW 

Shadow said:
Oh please. He deliberately stopped a goal with his hands. If that's not cheating, then what is? Some people might call it "using the rules to his advantage" - I call it extremely poor sportsmanship.
I defy any player in that situation not to do the same. It was instinctive, but illegal and he got his just deserts. It happens often and will continue to happen and there is possibly no rule change that can be enforced to prevent it from happening again. I'm not sticking up for the guy, by the way.

Will-I-Am said:
Germans, good luck with Spain  :devil2: 
It is Spain that will be looking for a slice of luck. I can't see Spain losing tonight, so my semi-prediction is most likely to be spot-on. So for the final, it will be a repeat of 1974. But sorry Foro, the Germans will triumph once again. Spain will finish third.

Zare said:
I don't like Germany, their heartless, technique-less football makes me puke.
However, this is totally different Germany, totally different style, and they deserved this score.
But you have to admire their efficiency. And their history for this competition. This will be their 11th semi in 15 attempts.

And the cry babies go home! Bye bye to
- the lousy arrogant coach
- with his stupid hugs
- treating his players like pussies
- finding it more important how he looks on television than having any clue what's going on, on the field.

The result is a crappy team (a couple of individual stars don't make a strong team), which finally found a real opponent. 4-0, welcome to the real world, OUT of the tournament, Maradona can leave with his tail between his legs. Great player, but for the rest, a terribly annoying and dumb man.

Argentina was lucky to get ahead vs Mexico with their offside goal. I am glad these overrated fucko's are out, as you might have noticed.

To all the pro South American and anti-European supporters, I'd say try to have a nice rest of the tournament.
It won't be easy. My hunch is that Europe rules this tournament after all. 3 medals.

@Shadow, I understand your anger, and I have some good news. I heard that the FIFA is seriously discussing if Suarez should be banned for more than one match.
Source

Forostar, why this anger ??  :)
In case Uruguay reaches the final, it would be better to have Suarez, don't you think ??

They had a penalty after all, that's football Foro. Loosing such a player from a final, won't be good for the football.

After seeing today's performance, there is no doubt in my mind that Germany will be the new world champion.

I tend to agree with Forostar, Spain will beat Paraguay. I doubt that Uruguay has much of a chance against the Dutch in the semifinals, and Germany is a whole level above everyone else so they'll beat Spain. Final game - GER vs HOL.

Well, after 45 minutes I'm not so sure Spain will beat Paraguay. Their aggressive defending has denied Spain any really good chances, actually the biggest chances so far have been for Paraguay. Surprising, and impressive. Especially in the first 15, Paraguay wereextremely aggressive in their pressure.

Back