Official Football Thread

Thanks Albie!

*crosses fingers*

I wish everybody a great match, and may the best win!  :ok:

edit:
Man, 25 minutes before the match it looks like (not 100% sure yet) center defender Joris Mathijssen can't start.  :blink:

André Ooijer might take over his place, and the bad thing is that Ooijer hardly has rhythm, didn't play that much last season... This is a frightening scenario... Still, Ooijer can focus well, I only hope he won't make blunders in the penalty area. :ahhh:

oranjeboven.335.jpg

he he nice pic!

Brazilians lost control in the 2nd half, Netherlands fought for it more and finally deserved to win. I'm sad to see such a talented team out, but that's football
Well played Foro  :ok:

Thanks guys! I was sweating my butt off. And today it's also the hottest day of the year in Holland.
2-0 behind would have been (almost) impossible to come back.

Comparing the first half with the second, they looked like two different tournaments.

It's clear that something happened in the Dutch dressing room, halftime.
Apparently we could deal better with a behind situation, and the Brazilians went mental when they came behind.

Brasil did what they could, despite 2 omitted penaltys for us, the team lost its mind after the own goal by that crap, mediocre player. Felipe Melo should never have been allowed to play with a ball in his life. We came too far with this crap squad. While CBF keeps with these mobsters there, we won't have a decent team. We only had a decent a team in 2002 'cos Luis Felipe Scolari take no prisoners and do what he wants to keep the group tight. Dunga is more or less like Scolari, but he only thinks defensively and Brasil cannot play like this.

What's the problem with Melo ??
Brazil relied in the second half, is not the fault of some individual, IMO

Jeffmetal said:
Brasil did what they could, despite 2 omitted penaltys for us [...]

Only one. I've mentioned it already. However, if Brazil was Brazil in the second half as well, it would never had lost.
They are superior to Dutch, but Dutch wanted it more, and went for it.

Will-I-Am said:
It was a penalty for Brazil @24'  <_<

He's always out of his mind. He was sent off already and his was doing foul playing as long I can remember. It spreads out in the team. It's not only his fault, but he has always been showing lack of concentration and focus. Despite the great passing for Robinho's goal, he didn't get better during the game.

Terrible player, but as I said, Brasil went too far with this mediocre and defensive squad.

Jeffmetal said:
He's always out of his mind. He was sent off already and his was doing foul playing as long I can remember. It spreads out in the team. It's not only his fault, but he has always been showing lack of concentration and focus. Despite the great passing for Robinho's goal, he didn't get better during the game.

Terrible player, but as I said, Brasil went too far with this mediocre and defensive squad.

Modern Football requires a good defence to go really far.
The best and most effective Brazil I've ever seen was the -enough defence oriented- 1994 squad.
2002 was ok, but 1994 it was unbeatable.

Forostar said:
We had 3 HUGE chances at the end of the match. It could just as well have been 5-1.

Only if you had Brazilians to make these chances goals  :P
Even big chances need great finishers and this game was more matter of luck /effort, than talent.
How many shoots on goal did Netherlands today ? Two ? Three ?

1994 we had Romario, Bebeto, Mazinho, Leonardo. No comaprison, Will-I-Am. It was defensive, but when the attack was needed it was there as you can see. 2002 was just as efficient as 1994, but had much more freedom with Rivaldo and Ronaldinho, and Ronaldo scoring whenever he could. No comparisons, really!

The second goal was AWESOME, two head butts, the first one sets it up and the second one goes in? Priceless :)

It was a trained goal, so to speak. Of course, you may never know if the corner ball comes at the right place but the people certainly were.

Jeffmetal said:
1994 we had Romario, Bebeto, Mazinho, Leonardo. No comaprison, Will-I-Am. It was defensive, but when the attack was needed it was there as you can see. 2002 was just as efficient as 1994, but had much more freedom with Rivaldo and Ronaldinho, and Ronaldo scoring whenever he could. No comparisons, really!

The best squad ever I know was 2006's and yet it didn't go too far... I don't see something wrong with today's squad, really.

Man, are you sure you're talking about Brasil? :D

In 2006 it didn't work 'cos everybody, including the group thought it would be easy. They started partying, gettting back late to the hotel, falshing off, like celebrities and it was pure shit. There's much more then meets the eye. Is not only things that happen in the battleground, inside the 4 lines. Just look at England squad, million dollar players who made absolutely nothing. Then you aks why, and I have the answer and it's the same as Brasil in 2006 - Egos, celebrity mindset, girls and all the lust around it. It's more than known it's poison, it kills.

Brasil this year didn't have the trust from anybody, it was the first time we were behind on the score and it became visible on the second half that we didn't think about having to pursue the score after being behind on the score. We lost more to ourselves than to Netherlands, actually, which played with efficiently, on our weak spots.

Back