Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I found several "The Pit" pages on Facebook when I looked. One looked like it could be it, but there was no video.

Well, Pooch shared the Download cancellation yesterday on FB and said something along the lines: "Sorry, fans this one is cancelled due to the situation and expect more cancellations".

The most logical thing to do now is to reschedule Japan/OZ/NZ to fall and scrap Europe, if people gatherings are still banned (which they likely will).

Maiden's time is running low. There are cca 3 touring years left after 2020 in best case scenario. Spending 2021 on LOTB would be a disaster, especially since Europe has seen this show in 2018.

[QUOTE="matic22, post:

Maiden's time is running low. There are cca 3 touring years left after 2020 in best case scenario.
[/QUOTE]

They can continue after that, without Nico.

Bruce is also getting older. He struggles with Maidens slower tempo and I wonder how long that can go on.

Well, Pooch shared the Download cancellation yesterday on FB and said something along the lines: "Sorry, fans this one is cancelled due to the situation and expect more cancellations".

The most logical thing to do now is to reschedule Japan/OZ/NZ to fall and scrap Europe, if people gatherings are still banned (which they likely will).

Maiden's time is running low. There are cca 3 touring years left after 2020 in best case scenario. Spending 2021 on LOTB would be a disaster, especially since Europe has seen this show in 2018.
Yeah, I've heard about from my friend working for local music industry, but - no details, hushhh :) Situation is horrible now, but IM could postpone Asian and Oceanian show for September/October, but we haven't ANY guarantee that COVID-19 will be really "over" until this period. Another problem is economical aspect of this decision - they aren't underground club band playing just for the passion, they are huge enterprise and every detailed move should be right from the profitable point of view. Postponing/cancelling the tours and shows in Europe/UK and both Americas is the proper decision for ALL artists in the times of pandemic threatment. IM can just cancel EVERYTHING booked for 2020, cancel EU shows and postpone rest of the dates for October, finally postpone the whole LOTB leg planned for this year for 2021. To attract fans and gratify this sad times of tour hiatus they should revitalize the setlist (maybe with ATG - finally) and add something special (new song?). They may change some soloed shows for festival-type events (Russia, Italy, Swiss) to attract more random fans who didn't see them in 2018. This could be a proper kind of solution.

P.S.: There's absolutely no reliability thet 17th studio album is cmpletely finisheed and ready for being released. They've worked in Paris last year with Shirley, but wew don't know if everything was done for this special project.

I'd imagine that the one crucial thing about having a third leg of Legacy of the Beast and now Covid-19 extending it even longer is there is really no chance of the next album being anything other than the last album.

The irony is that the "legacy of the beast" has actually diminished the legacy of the band so they will have released fewer albums than should have been possible.

Ah yes, the same friends that said the last tour would be a commercial failure.
Definitely NOT the same friends. But you don't have to believe in my words if you don't wanna... Refering to the last year tour - initially everything seemed to show that "a commercial failure" is asured. Finally the 2019 leg was probably the most successed tour since years.

Yeah, I've heard about from my friend working for local music industry, but - no details, hushhh :) Situation is horrible now, but IM could postpone Asian and Oceanian show for September/October, but we haven't ANY guarantee that COVID-19 will be really "over" until this period. Another problem is economical aspect of this decision - they aren't underground club band playing just for the passion, they are huge enterprise and every detailed move should be right from the profitable point of view. Postponing/cancelling the tours and shows in Europe/UK and both Americas is the proper decision for ALL artists in the times of pandemic threatment. IM can just cancel EVERYTHING booked for 2020, cancel EU shows and postpone rest of the dates for October, finally postpone the whole LOTB leg planned for this year for 2021. To attract fans and gratify this sad times of tour hiatus they should revitalize the setlist (maybe with ATG - finally) and add something special (new song?). They may change some soloed shows for festival-type events (Russia, Italy, Swiss) to attract more random fans who didn't see them in 2018. This could be a proper kind of solution.

P.S.: There's absolutely no reliability thet 17th studio album is cmpletely finisheed and ready for being released. They've worked in Paris last year with Shirley, but wew don't know if everything was done for this special project.

Everything is recorded. I'm sure of it. And now they have months to mix it.

Again if they postpone Euro dates to next year, this means another wasted year (no pun intended) in probably the last few years of IM as a touring band. A 4 year tour (with all of these circumstances) without any new music is a disaster IMO.

Just bring the tour to territories who haven't seen it (NZ/OZ/Japan/Oceania/India) in November or so (if not possible, February 2021 would do) and move on. That would be the right thing to do IMO.

[QUOTE="matic22, post:

Maiden's time is running low. There are cca 3 touring years left after 2020 in best case scenario.

They can continue after that, without Nico.
[/QUOTE]

This IM lineup is the final IM lineup. Nicko offered to step down if he can't do it, but during Bruce's illnes Steve said that this is the final IM lineup. If somebody can't do it anymore, it's over.

They have Laz's son on board just in case to fill in for Nicko, so they can finish the tour if something happens. But I think they won't commit to new tours/albums without all of 6 members on board IMO.

When Bruce says that Maiden is eternal, I believe him. More seriously, the scenario that implies replacing Niko seems very plausible to me.

Like any business, Maiden is going to sell the current version as the definitive version. When the circumstances change, so will the PR. I’m not saying that means Maiden would continue with a different lineup, but we aren’t going to know until the opportunity presents itself.

Sorry, but this bit conveys an impression of unrealibility, inaccuracy and bullshitness.
No, its not about opinions just facts about final 2019 tour results, but OK - you don't have to treat me so serious, no problem, just a brief conversation.

And - back to the main topic: I hope Maiden will release some kind of live CD/DVDs set or digital download compilation to recapitulate LOTB tour 2018/19 as it was with Live Chapter 3 years ago... Wishful thinking?

The irony is that the "legacy of the beast" has actually diminished the legacy of the band so they will have released fewer albums than should have been possible.
Maiden's legacy will have been cemented as a bloody brilliant live band in particular after the LOTB tour. And that's what Steve wants. If they end up releasing 17 or 18 studio albums it won't change their legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back