Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the LOTB tour Maiden played some pretty big gigs - Wanda, Rock In Rio, Estadio Nacional and the upcoming shows in Ullevi and Download Festival.... they also played in a lot of big stadiums around the world. Amazing!

Probably this is the first tour in which they have so many massive gigs (for one tour). / *ME tour also had a lot of massive gigs, if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly, even in NA - one stadium gig (sold out) and many amphitheatres and big arenas with a capacity between 15 - 20k. SA shows were completely sold out, the first European leg in 2018 was nearby sold out in its entirety, I think Oceanian and Asian dates will sell OK! Melbourne and Sydney sell very well now, so maybe they double dates in both of them!? Only cities which may be disappointing next year are Berlin, Prague, Lisbon and these Russian ones. Management decided about the band to play so same cities and even venue as in 2018... My fingers are crossed for Warsaw, first time IM show was booked on National Stadium (capacity is nearly 55k for live shows). I hope circa 35k people will fill the venue on the July the 5th 2020 :)

Exactly, even in NA - one stadium gig (sold out) and many amphitheatres and big arenas with a capacity between 15 - 20k. SA shows were completely sold out, the first European leg in 2018 was nearby sold out in its entirety, I think Oceanian and Asian dates will sell OK! Melbourne and Sydney sell very well now, so maybe they double dates in both of them!? Only cities which may be disappointing next year are Berlin, Prague, Lisbon and these Russian ones. Management decided about the band to play so same cities and even venue as in 2018... My fingers are crossed for Warsaw, first time IM show was booked on National Stadium (capacity is nearly 55k for live shows). I hope circa 35k people will fill the venue on the July the 5th 2020 :)
Which stadium gig sold out in North America?

Banc of California Stadium, LA.
I'm pretty sure that Portland, OR was sold out. Bruce said so during the show. The place was packed too, I don't recall seeing any empty seats. Unless you have something to show that you're correct I will go with my personal experience at the show.

Exactly, even in NA - one stadium gig (sold out) and many amphitheatres and big arenas with a capacity between 15 - 20k.

If I am not mistaken, the following North American shows were sold out:

JULY
30 - Philadelphia, PA, USA - Wells Fargo Center

AUGUST
05 - Montreal, QC, CANADA – Bell Centre
17 - Pittsburgh, PA, USA - PPG Paints Arena

SEPTEMBER
06 - Portland, OR, USA - Moda Center
14 - Los Angeles, CA, USA - Banc of California Stadium

Sales were excellent everywhere bar Nashville and Albuquerque, with venues close to full capacity in most markets.

Not bad for a disaster of a tour!

If I am not mistaken, the following North American shows were sold out:

JULY
30 - Philadelphia, PA, USA - Wells Fargo Center

AUGUST
05 - Montreal, QC, CANADA – Bell Centre
17 - Pittsburgh, PA, USA - PPG Paints Arena

SEPTEMBER
06 - Portland, OR, USA - Moda Center
14 - Los Angeles, CA, USA - Banc of California Stadium

Sales were excellent everywhere bar Nashville and Albuquerque, with venues close to full capacity in most markets.

Not bad for a disaster of a tour!

Both nights in Brooklyn were "sold out" too. They just sold seats in two fewer sections the second night.

San Francisco would probably disagree since an entire subgenre of Metal was pioneered there.
Makes more sense to me.

But where are we going with this whole “poor ticket sales, end is near” thing? It’s just false. Maiden is always going to have good ticket sales

San Francisco would probably disagree since an entire subgenre of Metal was pioneered there.
Yes, but does modern day San Francisco indulge in metal the way Montreal does?

But where are we going with this whole “poor ticket sales, end is near” thing? It’s just false. Maiden is always going to have good ticket sales
@RLonger needs a gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back